F&$* the Cubs...

Purogamer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 19, 2005
Mentor, Ohio
OMG, did you guys hear Ozzie Guillen talking about interleague baseball this weekend? They asked him if he was excited to play the cubs and he said "F*** the cubs...", classic...

If he wasn't kissing guys every time I saw him and didn't coach the freaking White Sox i'd have just gained a lot of respect for him...

That seems to be the big talk right now, where's that talk been for the last few years? Not like selig is going to listen when he's got his personal antichrist ready to knock the babe down a notch, but it's time for fans to speak up about interleague and the AL/NL differences. DH or no DH, pick one already...

I have never been a fan of interleague play. To me what made the World Series so special was that the participants had never player each other until then, unlike the NHL, NBA and NFL.

I am also a fan of the DH, I will not go into the reasons right now, but I think the trial period has been long enough. My opinion now is I don't care if they have it or not, just as long as both leagues are the same.

Just for the record, I am an American League fan.

The cubs SUCK. Kerry Wood SUCKS. Mark Prior SUCKS. They are always hurt, they have been for like what 3 years straight now they SUCK!!!

The only good thing about that team is Greg Maddux and Derek Lee "who is also hurt".

I think any logical fan would support the DH, but it's split pretty evently among what league your favorite team is in. Why anyone would prefer pitchers at the plate instead of a juiced up freak i'll never understand...

Purogamer said:
OMG, did you guys hear Ozzie Guillen talking about interleague baseball this weekend? They asked him if he was excited to play the cubs and he said "F*** the cubs...", classic...

If he wasn't kissing guys every time I saw him and didn't coach the freaking White Sox i'd have just gained a lot of respect for him...

The guys you see him kissing in the pics are his sons.....geez....:rolleyes:

Odd, after the world series I saw him kissing his players...and I had heard about him doing such things long before...

I guess the sox are due for another scandal...

What?!?! The players are Guillen's children?? Who knew?

Re: The DH
I like it exactly how it is -- one league with, one league without.

RE: Interleague
I like it.

Re: Cubs
Ef 'em.

Can things get any worse for the Cubs? They just got swept by the Marlins of all teams. I give up on this team. It's all about the battle for last place now!

cubfan98us said:
Can things get any worse for the Cubs?
sorta... while it was Comcast and not the team doing it... I was very surprised to see the Barret 'punch' being used in a promo before the game on Monday... and to top it off, the gist of the promo, was... 'we're still alive'.
I think Comcast got it wrong on both accounts, they shouldn't be using the 'punch' in a promo, and quite obviously... the 'Flubbies' are more than dead.

UpAllNight said:
sorta... while it was Comcast and not the team doing it... I was very surprised to see the Barret 'punch' being used in a promo before the game on Monday... and to top it off, the gist of the promo, was... 'we're still alive'.
I think Comcast got it wrong on both accounts, they shouldn't be using the 'punch' in a promo, and quite obviously... the 'Flubbies' are more than dead.

The Tribune Company has NEVER, EVER given a ratz ass on putting a championship team at Wrigley Field. I lived in Chicago for 9 years and you could see how the zombie Cubbie fans flock to that stadium if it resembles a relatively nice day....and the Tribune Company knows it.....keep the team relatively entertaining and the bottom line is when it gets nice, we will get our sellouts. Then, they hate criticisms, how many decent to good announcers have they let go since Harry Carry died...say ONE thing negative about the team...."your fired!" The ONLY reason they never fired Harry because he was an institution...and there would be an uproar. Same for Ron Santos. The ownership is a joke!! And the fans deserve so much more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)