Fabulous ViP622 Intstall Experience

David Dietzel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 21, 2004
Rancho Cucamonga
All:

I called technical support (not the general support number) to begin the upgrade process for my 942 on Sunday evening 12/03. I was taken through the process by a very couteous women with excellent communication skills. I also upgraded my programming from AT180 to Platinum. I was given an install date and time just 36 hours later on the morning of 12/05 -- which was pretty unbeliveable. I had to have the install on 12/07 as I woulld be home that day. I was given full info on how to get my rebates and bring the 622 upgrade cost down to zero. I then was given info how to get retailer gift cards totalling $90.

The install crew of two showed up as scheduled and brought the 622 with them. They installed it, configured it, made sure my programming was upgraded properly, showed me some tricks with the remote and adjusted my dishes for maximum signal strength.

Two days later I rec'd the box to return my 942.

I don't know how the process could have gone any smoother. This level of courtesy, clear communication, timeliness and attention to detail is almost unheard of nowadays.

I am still in awe and hope that Dish manamgement sees this post.

By the way, the ViP622 works just great -- a little bit snappier performance than my old 942 and a few extra features that I like.

By the way, my local HD channels are just brilliant. The original Star Trek shows on KNBC late at night come through with unbeliveable clarity -- the detail on the Enterprise exterior in amazing and the digital surround sound make watching these old shows so enjoyable.

Charter cable in Rancho Cucamonga blows. Dish is the way to go.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. We don't post the positive experiences enough -- just when we are unhappy. I had a perfect 622 upgrade myself this summer and said nothing about it. Shame on me.

Fortunately I live about a mile from the local Dish installer, so I'm always first call -- so they are right on time.

Thanks for posting. We don't post the positive experiences enough -- just when we are unhappy. I had a perfect 622 upgrade myself this summer and said nothing about it. Shame on me.

Fortunately I live about a mile from the local Dish installer, so I'm always first call -- so they are right on time.

Good post Robbin! I guess it's just human nature to make a fuss when things don't go the way we would like them to but most installs both E* and D* go without a hitch. :)

I am glad you had a good experience, I decided not to say anything about mine for fear that I would wear out the keys on my keyboard about my lousy experience....

Tell me more about the rebates to get it for no cost. When I called a few weeks ago, they wanted $199 and after much threats and grovels, the offered a $25 credit.

I know you can get $100 in 10 monthly credits as a new HD package customer (I signed up for HD 1 week too early for this promotion). A totally new customer can get another $100. I too am interested how an existing customer gets rebates totalling $290.

Tell me more about the rebates to get it for no cost. When I called a few weeks ago, they wanted $199 and after much threats and grovels, the offered a $25 credit.

$100 rebate upon return of old leased 942, then $10/month off bill for 10 months = Free 622 lease upgrade.

The $90 in gift cards were just an unexpected bonus when I upgraded the programming to Platinum (HBO, Showtime and Starz).

I didn't want to buy a 622 as HD technology is still evolving -- perhaps in a couple more years I'll consider buying a unit (maybe they'll call it the 666 by then!).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)