Dish 1000+ Questions

7thton

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
I just confirmed that the Dish installers will be using a Dish 1000+ for my install.

Does anyone know if this dish fits on a normal sized mast? I have a DirecTV oval dish (3 lnb) currently...will the installers be able to use the same mast?

Also, I know that a DPP44 multi switch has to be used. Is this a powered switch? If so (I have no experience with them), how does the installation of that work? Does a run of RG6 go from a power outlet to the switch? Do these run hot?

I just confirmed that the Dish installers will be using a Dish 1000+ for my install.

Does anyone know if this dish fits on a normal sized mast? I have a DirecTV oval dish (3 lnb) currently...will the installers be able to use the same mast?

Also, I know that a DPP44 multi switch has to be used. Is this a powered switch? If so (I have no experience with them), how does the installation of that work? Does a run of RG6 go from a power outlet to the switch? Do these run hot?
I believe the DPP44 recieves its power from the reciever box.

DPP44 uses a separate power inserter that needs to be connected to switch output port number one. Also, the Dish 1000+ is very heavy and can be too heavy in a windy condition to survive on your existing mount. That is why Dish recommends using a specially strengthened mount that is the same size but uses heavier weight steel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts