Facebook chat with Erik Carlson

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
Today I saw on Facebook Erik Carlson posted : Everyone likes to win; here at DISH, we have made Winning one of our company’s core values. Together, we celebrate and elevate those who work hard to put DISH in a position for victory. I replied with You’re not winning with your lack of HD. DirecTV has way more. That’s going to be a deciding factor when my contract is up. I like the service and technology but it pains me to watch blurry SD stations on my HD TV. That’s like having a sports car and only driving 20 mph. So he replied back with I am sorry you feel this way. Please send me a private message with the best number to reach you and I'll connect you with my team to see how we can help. I’m going to talk to his team but it’s not like they’ll had more HD because I want it. So not sure what they’re going to say to change how I feel.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: Cubs1 and LQQK
I agree with Bobby on that. I find it hard to get mad about SD programs being broadcast in SD, just to appease a small group. I do not see a reason to prioritize the Hd on those specific channels, over many other concerns Dish is working on.

Reactions: satjay and pattykay
I agree with Bobby on that. I find it hard to get mad about SD programs being broadcast in SD, just to appease a small group. I do not see a reason to prioritize the Hd on those specific channels, over many other concerns Dish is working on.
True. At least a couple of small edits to the original post would make a lot more sense:
... You’re not winning with your lack of HD. DirecTV has way more. ...
"You’re not winning with your lack of 4K. DirecTV has way more."
"You’re not winning with your lack of RSN's. DirecTV has way more."

True. At least a couple of small edits to the original post would make a lot more sense:

"You’re not winning with your lack of 4K. DirecTV has way more."
"You’re not winning with your lack of RSN's. DirecTV has way more."
One correction to that being that neither of those things have helped Directv from losing customers twice as fast, if not faster, than Dish. And I haven’t followed the last reports in full, but as far as profitability, didn’t Dish exceed Directv in that realm as well?

One correction to that being that neither of those things have helped Directv from losing customers twice as fast, if not faster, than Dish. And I haven’t followed the last reports in full, but as far as profitability, didn’t Dish exceed Directv in that realm as well?
Well, when you remove a whole slew of channels that are very expensive to carry, and yet continue to refuse to lower your customers' monthly bills accordingly, that goes a long way toward improving profitability, don't you think?

Reactions: Juan and chiodo
Seriously, you expect Dish to take an SD source and magically, hocus pocus, turn it into HD content? :rolleyes:
Yes. Look it up. Dish gave HD bandwidth to Logo and Centric for years before those channels got actual HD feeds. This way, Dish could have "virtual" HD feeds of those channels, and boost their HD channel count. Dish is apparently doing that again right now with the HD feed of ShopHQ on channel 244 on Eastern Arc. (Note that the Western Arc feed of channel 244 remains SD-only.)

Winning? What about serving the customer and doing best to give the customer what they want--when it is possible? Ergen, with whatever faults, was customer focused. I can't see who "winning" relates to anything the customer wants from goods and services. "Winning" is a salesman's talk in regards to bonuses handed out for the greatest number of or value of accounts--but not necessarily satisfied clients who will stay with that company after the new car smell fades away with no emphasis on CUSTOMER SERVICES and NEEDS or DESIRES. Gee, you can really tell Charlie is very busy on the wireless end and not able to help Mr. Carlson to not forget the "customer." I'll bet Carlson does not even monitor this forum (or in some way have others prepare reports and key posts) as Charlie Ergen did.

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
Old tv programs that are in B&W were not filmed in 35 mm, so how can putting them in HD improve the quality of a bad picture. Any Griffith, I Love Lucy, etc.

I will note that the OP has a signature filled with a long list of Directv programming and equipment, but absolutely no Dish programming or equipment listed. I am not trying to imply anything. It is quite possible that the signature is simply outdated, and the OP actually does have Dish service. (And has the Dish avatar to prove it! :oldlaugh ) The mismatch still struck me as funny, though, especially when the content of the post is bashing Dish and praising Directv.

I'm still waiting for Howard Simmons to post here, with a meme of Charlie Sheen saying "Winning!" ;)
Or this one works, too. ;)
1603222203908.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)