GEOSATpro Factory reset ?

stargaze

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Out there somewhere
I see Brian says it is highly suggested to perform a factory reset after a firmware update.
Is this required all the time after downloading a new firmware into the receiver?
Or is this something that needed to be done one time if you had some earlier version to keep the new enhancements?

If I currently have the 1_13_2013 firmware and have done the factory reset on this one will I have to do the same factory reset on the next one or just a power cycle off?

It has been my experiance that a factory reset as well as disconnecting the power (not just powering off and on with the remote) solves the problems I have had. Even if it not necessary, it has been benificial for me. Just remember to save your user settings before starting to perform the firmware upgrade.
The firmware upgrades are some time apart, so it is not as if this is a weekly chore.

factory reset clears any "bug residue" from older software

you can back up your channel list and settings to a USB drive so you dont lose your channel list. I know Brian mentioned a couple times on software that if you have older channel lists they wont work with the new software but check the thread for the specifics

To further clarify:

Power Cycling refers to removing the AC power source, not placing the receiver into standby using the remote control.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)