GEOSATpro where do i go to get the reset instructions for the microhd?

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
had to rerun cable to my dishes and reset microhd to factory setting. then I scanned in all the c channels after resetting counts and then tried to scan k channels, autoscan them. no channels showed up and now the microhd is rebooting continually. I have the connector to attach between the computer and the stb but I can't find the instructions to reset the microhd. thanks. chas

You will need a windows xp, vista, or 7 machine. :(

Hoping for native Linux support. Would make sense, as most STB's run a stripped down 'form' of linux.
Then, if one is 'stuck' with '10', you could install a linux distro in a 'dual boot' config.

yes, I saw that I can't do it with windows 10. oh well... good thing I have a spare microhd. chas

NEVER delete a satellite from the internal list or reset a MicroHD without manually deleting the tv channels FIRST. Not doing that is what causes the boot-loop. Ask around your friends, I'd bet at least one of them has a Windows 7 or XP pc still laying around you can borrow, if you have the internal serial recovery cable.

Chas, if you find an older computer to use and need the editor, drivers, etc, I have it all backed up here somewhere and will dig it out.

I have it all and instructions posted somewhere in a thread here at Satguys, too. I'm on my phone right now, but whenever I'm on a computer again, I'll try to remember and find the thread. There's a couple of different drivers, a Xp one and a Vista one, IIRC.

If you get totally stuck and can't get access to a pre-Win 10 computer, I'll get it out of the boot-loop for you for free.

Course, you'd have to send it to me. Wouldn't need the remote, power pack, cable, etc, I have all that here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts