Fake call from Directv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cappy29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Aliquippa,p.a
I got a call about an hour ago or so, in which the # came up 1-877-543-1115 and the guy claimed to be from Directv. The part that makes me think it was not Directv is when I called the # back for the heck of it. I called the # back twice so far and both times I get a message saying, we apologize, but all of are customer service representatives are currently helping other Directv customers. Now as many times as I called Directv, I do not ever recall hearing a message like that.:confused: Also, the guy I talked to was extremely pushy, in which he was trying to get me to take HBO with free Cinemax. Has anybody else had any weird phone calls from Directv, that just did not seem like it was them?:eek:

D* will call subs from time to time.
The fact that he was pushy was probably because he gets paid on sales, like most other companies that do sales pitches.

I'll get a call from time to time offering a movie package, maybe twice a year.

As for calling the number back ...

Many incoming call numbers have automated answering services.

That is a 3rd party group trying to sell you movie channels. They've done it to me a couple times and I politely say no. They are associated with Directv

The number is probably mainly an outgoing number (from an auto dialer) and when you call it back you get that message as nobody would pick up

That is a 3rd party group trying to sell you movie channels. They've done it to me a couple times and I politely say no. They are associated with Directv

The number is probably mainly an outgoing number (from an auto dialer) and when you call it back you get that message as nobody would pick up

Well that is good to know, since there is so much scamming going on now days.

Great link, thanks Ice

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thanks for the link.

And, yes, the calls trying to get you to up a package, come from third-party contractors who are paid a %age on everybody they get to upgrade. They do NOT come from the DirecTV employees in the call centers, who are 100% incoming call.

Funny I've just received a call from this number purportedly to be Directv, trying to give me free premiums
But all she said was that is was added to my account, for being a loyal customer, and cancel within 30 days etc etc

But never asked me for my account info, then she hung up.

A buddy of mine got a phone call from I am guessing one of these guys and offered him HBO, Cinemax, Showtime for $4.99 for 3 months and added Sunday Ticket for the rest of the year and had him do a one year commitment. I wish they would call me with that deal.

They actually did added HBO and Cinemax on my account, I'm not sure how they got my account info without me providing it
I'll need to change my password just in case, But I removed those premiums with no problems or penalties
Should I escalate this to Directv with phone number?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)