Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
So there has been some controversy over DirecTV using dead celebrities in their ads, from the girl from the movie Poltergeist to their new ad which features the late Chris Farley.

I guess some folks have too much time on their hands and made these real looking DirecTV ads featureing other dead celebrities. (Some good some bad).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwgxFCq1gbw]YouTube - DirecTV Hires More Dead Celebrity Spokesmen[/ame]

I did think the Batman one was good.

Some are a little over the top though.

There are still places where the Kennedy one or the Jesus example will bring out the tar and feathers. Seeing Batman without word bubbles was liberating.

Joe

Last edited:
I wonder what it costs DirecTV to have those ads made and what it cost the folks who made the fake ads.

DirecTV should hire the folks who made the fake ads and save themselves a lot of money.

those looked fake thoough ...

My only point I like to make is Chris Farely did not do the ad it was just stock film footage... Not like direct paid someone to splice chris farley and say no freaking way I want over 200 channels of digital entertianment.

Now if they put words in to farleys moth I would see a problem but they didnt. I like the commerical but again I liked tommy boy.

I liked the commercial as well and because of it rented Tommy Boy again. I was not offended by it (the ad) at all.

The new one features Dana Carvey and KimB. Wow, she looks anything but dead.:D

I don't notice these commercials when I'm watching tv with someone who has Dish, Comcast or u-verse. So I assume they are mainly shown on DTV. Kinda like preaching to the choir, eh?

Unless they're trying to hooks some fresh fish that are watching in some sports bar.

I don't notice these commercials when I'm watching tv with someone who has Dish, Comcast or u-verse. So I assume they are mainly shown on DTV. Kinda like preaching to the choir, eh?

Unless they're trying to hooks some fresh fish that are watching in some sports bar.

I recently switched to Dish and see the Spade/Farley and even more frequently Carvey/Bassinger commercials quite often.

again it seems some folks have nothing else better to do than bitch and moan pretty much about anything. and i don't mean anyone here or on this site. people are just waaaayyy too sensitive these days. relax

Just because someone dies you can't have them in a commercial? No way. It's nice to see Chris Farley again. My kids keep saying " Fat guy in a little coat". And the Kennedy one is really funny. I'm waiting for the JFK Ride to open at a theme park. Trouble is you will only be able to ride it once. :)

Just because someone dies you can't have them in a commercial? No way. It's nice to see Chris Farley again. My kids keep saying " Fat guy in a little coat". And the Kennedy one is really funny. I'm waiting for the JFK Ride to open at a theme park. Trouble is you will only be able to ride it once. :)

Just like the Titanic ride, it almost stops in the middle. :p

Status
Please reply by conversation.

On Demand Problem !

No HD game on CI again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)