Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
ABC has announced its fall premiere dates:

ABC ANNOUNCES FALL PREMIERE DATES

Monday, September 24

8:00-9:30 p.m. "Dancing with the Stars" (special 90-minute premiere)

9:30-11:00 p.m. "The Bachelor" (special 90-minute premiere)

Tuesday, September 25

8:00-9:30 p.m. "Dancing with the Stars" (performance show)

Wednesday, September 26

8:00-9:00 p.m. "Dancing with the Stars Results Show Special" (special day and time)

9:00-10:00 p.m. "Private Practice"

10:00-11:00 p.m. "Dirty Sexy Money"

Thursday, September 27

8:00-9:00 p.m. "Ugly Betty"

9:00-10:00 p.m. "Grey's Anatomy"

10:00-11:00 p.m. "Big Shots"

Sunday, September 30

7:00-9:00 p.m. "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" (two-hour season premiere)

9:00-10:00 p.m. "Desperate Housewives"

10:00-11:00 p.m. "Brothers & Sisters"

Tuesday, October 2

8:00-8:30 p.m. "Cavemen"

8:30-9:00 p.m. "Carpoolers"

9:00-10:00 p.m. "Dancing with the Stars Result Show" (regular day and time period premiere)

Wednesday, October 3

8:00-9:00 p.m. "Pushing Daisies"

Sunday, October 7

7:00-8:00 p.m. "America's Funniest Home Videos"

Friday, October 12

8:00-9:00 p.m. "20/20" (new time period premiere)

9:00-10:00 p.m. "Women's Murder Club"

10:00-11:00 p.m. "MEN IN TREES"

Monday, October 15

9:30-10:00 p.m. "Samantha Who?"

Tuesday, November 27

10:00-11:00 p.m. "Cashmere Mafia" (special preview following the finale of "Dancing with the Stars")

Tuesday, December 4

9:00-10:00 p.m. "Cashmere Mafia" (regular time period premiere)

[EDITOR'S NOTE: The premiere date for "Boston Legal" will be announced at a later date.]

Arghhh, forgot about that :(

I felt the same way when I posted it. Stupid, stuipid move if you ask me. Its something you would expect CBS to do. :rolleyes:

And ABC's lineup is just not that impressive. Yeah, I'll keep watching Greys and DH; probably Men in Trees (although now its going up against Numb3rs), and maybe I'll watch Private Practice, but I am just not awed.

Lost airing in the spring is better because there will be 16 weeks of new episodes in a row. Last year was a real pain, becuase there were spans of 4 weeks without a new episode. 24 starts the week after the Super Bowl and runs straight throw the end of the season also.

I read that they lost millions of viewers during the breaks, so that contributed to the change.

what about hereos?

What about it?

Last year Heroes took hiatuses, but smaller ones then Lost. THIS year, Heroes will pretty much not take breaks except in December; and they are adding the "Heroes Origins" show to fill in gaps; although I think later in the season.

News on Boston legal

From The Futon Critic:

"BOSTON LEGAL" RETURNS WITH A 90-MINUTE SEASON PREMIERE, TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25 ON ABC

"Boston Legal" nominated for six Emmy Awards, including Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Lead Actor for James Spader, Outstanding Supporting Actor for William Shatner and Outstanding Guest Actor for Christian Clemenson -- returns for its fourth season with a special 90-minute episode, TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25 (9:30-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Editors please note "Boston Legal" will begin airing in its regular time period the following Tuesday, from 10:00-11:00 p.m., ET.

[RANT type="networks" value="morons"]

The Networks have really screwed up television anymore. They don't really care about a long haul successful series. They just want ratings that advertisers will buy off on. It reminds me of sports free agency. No longer do you see athletes staying a whole career with one team.

ABC is so worried about American Idiot, er, I mean Idol that they will kill their golden goose trying to compete. I will stay with LOST to the bitter ends but they just might kill it this year with their stupidity.

Its like Jericho - dumped because it only drew 8 million viewers and not the 12 million the network wanted for that time slot. IDIOTS... I think the Nielsen Ratings are a pantload anyway. They just can't find any other way to convince advertisers people are watching.

I've been thinking of not renewing my Dish contract when it is up next summer if TV is going to continue down this path. I'll live with OTA and DVDs and go do something else with my time. The DVR is the only thing keeping me around this time. Easier than a vcr and holds a lot more content. It's just a royal pain waiting for the networks to return to the few shows I like to watch.

[/RANT]

:D

Old Article Refering to Lost schedule

Variety.com - 'Lost' set for three more years

There will be so much advertising before the season starts, it will be hard to miss. The article refers to making is an "event" I think it will work out well. I would rather wait a couple of months to have 4 straight months of new episodes. Re-runs are terrible for a show like Lost. They build up so much suspense, and then they take a 4 week break. Works much better with continuous episodes.

Variety.com - 'Lost' set for three more years

There will be so much advertising before the season starts, it will be hard to miss. The article refers to making is an "event" I think it will work out well. I would rather wait a couple of months to have 4 straight months of new episodes. Re-runs are terrible for a show like Lost. They build up so much suspense, and then they take a 4 week break. Works much better with continuous episodes.

Perhaps. But we only get 16 episodes each year; not much better than HBO did with the Sopranos.

And LOST has already "lost" a large part of its audience in the past two years. Its very risky.

I don't think I can take 3 more seasons of Lost. I was hoping the next one will be the last. The break last year almost lost me already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts