Family package, RFDTV and Dish

Nicoles94

Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Missouri
RFDTV is clearly shown on the Dish Network site as being offered with the Family Package. But we can't get it, even though we have the Family Package. After going through diagnostics with the online technician, it was determined we needed another smart card. Sounds good, right? Only it will cost 15 bucks to send it via UPS. When I refused to pay the shipping charge, I was told I could waive that if I signed up for their service insurance at $6 a month. Which I turned down.

After asking to speak to a manager, I was told there was none present and to call in later. I just want to ask someone, somewhere, why I have to pay extra shipping for something I am supposed to be getting? It doesn't seem right to me. We just got our receiver. This is not my fault. Why should I pay?

uh why would you need a new smart card if you already subscribe and it normally works?

As noted above, try 9398. Some of the channels in the family package are only available in "family package" numbers (9394-9400)

Make sure you're getting your apples, and oranges straight. I assume you're a new customer? After Feb 1 2010 the Dish Family package as we knew (which included RFDTV) it is no longer available to Dish customers (If you're on it you can still get it, but no current customer, or new customer can subscribe to it.). The new Dish Family lineup no longer includes RFDTV, and you have to purchase if a-la-carte for $1.99 per month.

The Dish Network comparison guide still shows it in Family although if you click on "Family" package it doesnt

interesting....

Make sure you're getting your apples, and oranges straight. I assume you're a new customer? After Feb 1 2010 the Dish Family package as we knew (which included RFDTV) it is no longer available to Dish customers (If you're on it you can still get it, but no current customer, or new customer can subscribe to it.). The new Dish Family lineup no longer includes RFDTV, and you have to purchase if a-la-carte for $1.99 per month.

I think you have this confused with the Welcome Pack. It is no longer available. The Dish Family package is still available.

If you remember a few year ago congress was considering legislation after complaints from folks wanting to purchase channels a la carte (kids, news, & family programming) without having to purchase channels like Comedy Central & MTV. So D* & E* quickly came out with their versions of family friendly only programming and congress said no more on the subject.

But Scooby does make a point. If you look at the Dish site the family package does not include RFDTV anymore...yet when you click on "comapre packages" it still says its in there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)