Family Programming Packages

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
AT60 General and AT60 Family. Maybe replace some of the channels with Hallmark, Hallmark movie channel, WAM, Discovery Kids, etc.

Honestly I would be happy if this ends up letting me choose between Nicktoons and Nick because frankly Nick looks like junk with the toonage on but I like some of the old Nicktoons.
So 120 without Nick but with Nicktoons and the Disney channels equals greater value for me. sh*t I'd love a Nick All-Stars channel even or call it Classic Nick.

Nick wants you to get both, not just one of their services. That is why it is going to be hard to have ala carte without the pricing jumping way up. They want you to take all the channels that they have to offer.

Stargazer said:
Nick wants you to get both, not just one of their services. That is why it is going to be hard to have ala carte without the pricing jumping way up. They want you to take all the channels that they have to offer.

Yes but Nick doesn't air programming like "The Tomorrow People", "Are You Afraid Of the Dark?", "You Can't Do That On Television", "Welcome Freshmen" or any of the programming that made them great and kept them there for a while, at least with live action.
The ONLY channel that comes close is The N and most of that programming is Viacom sh*t, granted I do like "Clueless" and "Daria" but "The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" is played on Nick At Nite and "Moesha" on WGN. I want a YTN channel that airs most of the shows I mentioned in the first paragraph.

Last edited:
rthomp03 said:
You have trouble with math in public like I do! 33 + 8 = 41 :haha
:rolleyes: I think it's reading you two have trouble with, not math.

$12 for basic, $12.99 for "Family", $8 for digital box= $32.99 + tax.

Some of us would say that $32.99 is "about $33". :rolleyes: :)

Oh...as for Sarangs comments...I don't know whay they don't turn Nick GAS into "Nick Classic" or something. I mean, is there any actual sports programming on there? It seems like it's all just old game shows anyway. Nick Classic could show the game shows AND Salute Your Shorts, ect.

I can't figure out why they waste such a huge library of programming. I mean, they figured out they could sell the best of it on DVD (Pete & Pete volume 2 is out!), but most of it is only useful if they had a "classic" channel.

I'm also irritated that they ruined the late night Noggin twice now. They originally showed early 70s Sesame Street and Electric Company reruns overnight, which I would watch a few minutes of if I couldn't sleep. Then they started showing Pete & Pete and a few other older Nick shows. Now it's just sitcoms?

It's not *just* sitcoms on "The N" (Noggin At Nite). But it is more sitcoms than it was. At least they have a few imported Canadian series now. They have both the new "Degrassi: The Next Generation" as well as the original Degrassi series.

(ITA, BTW, that Nick is wasting its library by not having a Classic Nick channel. The new "All That", for example, is nowhere near half as good as the original.)

To get back on topic, I'd suggest that "The N", due to the very "real life" quality of many of its programs (particularly the imported shows) - dealing with topics like AIDS, sexuality, etc - might be rather objectionable to those conservatives who want a family tier to begin with. (See http://discussions.the-n.com/ for more.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)