Fantastic Weekend Of Sports On Voom

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
First of all they had the Tyson fight which no one else offered free. Then all day Saturday Rush featured Surfing. Get this! I live at the beach and I stayed home to watch surfing! How crazy is that?? Then I found the Tri-Nations Rugby finals and tuned in on a few auto races although TNT is still lieing about their HD. It was the old Fox-stretch in SD. And golf. CBS did not offer it in Hd as advertised. What's wrong with them? Are they pulling back?
But there was lots of good sports and it was enjoyable. Not to forget the Soccer on World Sport. Those European Players are just so much better than American Players, kind of like Canadians and Hockey.(I did get to the beach on Sunday)

Tvlman said:
Not to forget the Soccer on World Sport. Those European Players are just so much better than American Players
Say What????

Currently the US team is ranked 9th in the world according to FIFA (June rankings). Of the 45 +/- countries in Europe (sure I'm including Andorra, San Marino, Vatican City, etc.) only 5 are ranked higher in the FIFA standings and one of them is Turkey which I wouldn't normally consider European but more Middle Eastern but hey they applied to the European Union so be it. So, the US team is ranked higher than 40 of 45 European nations but you have to trim that a bit because some of the smaller countries don't field teams as far as I know so lets say they are ranked above 35 European national teams out of 40. (That's right the US is ranked higher than Italy, higher than England!) That means that FIFA believes that they are better than 87.5% of all European national soccer teams. If you want to argue that individual European players are better than individual American players go ahead but as far as American soccer teams go they stack up rather well.

uhm, ok.... let see should I buy an Enzo, Vanquish or a Mustang, though choice ;)

Tvlman said:
First of all they had the Tyson fight which no one else offered free. Then all day Saturday Rush featured Surfing. Get this! I live at the beach and I stayed home to watch surfing! How crazy is that?? Then I found the Tri-Nations Rugby finals and tuned in on a few auto races although TNT is still lieing about their HD. It was the old Fox-stretch in SD. And golf. CBS did not offer it in Hd as advertised. What's wrong with them? Are they pulling back?
But there was lots of good sports and it was enjoyable. Not to forget the Soccer on World Sport. Those European Players are just so much better than American Players, kind of like Canadians and Hockey.(I did get to the beach on Sunday)
Nascar Busch series and Nextel Cup are NOT fox stretch in SD. Frankly Fox does not stretch. They are correct widescreen 16:9 in SD upconverted to HD. It is not HD but looks very good as does Fox widescreen upconverted to 720p. Id suggest you learn a little more before stating ridiculous things like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)