Fantasy Football Season- How Did You Do?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
The first annual SatelliteGuys Fantasy Football League is in the books.

How did you guys fare this year?

I had mixed results- greatness mixed with stupidity.

Here are some of my positives:

Drafting Matt Schaub, Andre Johnson, and Antonio Gates

Picking up Heath Miller, Miles Austin and Jamaal Charles off the waiver wire

OTOH, too many negatives:

Benching Schaub/Johnson in week 2, when they had a monster game against the Titans

Benching Jamaal Charles in week 17, when he went for 259 yards

No reliable running game- Tomlinson gave me 12 touchdowns, but I had a mishmash of RB's, from Ahmad Bradshaw to Quinton Gantner.

No reliable defense- I used 4 different defenses this year (Green Bay, Tennessee, Cincinnati, San Francisco). I dumped the Packer defense after the Tampa Bay loss- ye gods.

In the end, despite a roster with the QB with the most passing yards and the #1 and #3 WR's in recieving yards, I finished 7-7.

Another case of "flashy passing brought down by no defense or running game."

Let me share what happened to me in another league I'm in outside of SatGuys.....

I was 11-2 and the highest scoring team heading into the postseason. I also had a first round bye and didn't have to play until the semi-finals during Week 15. My matchup was a close one heading into the Vikings/Panthers game. I was down by 3, but had Ryan Longwell left. Needless to say, Longwell missed a 30 something yard field goal. Instead of gaining 3 points, I lost 3 points. That was a 6 point swing right there! Longwell went on to kick 1 extra point that night, but still ended up with -2 points. Basically, I would've advanced to the Championship if Longwell didn't shank the 30-yard field goal!

For fun, I still set a lineup this week during the Championship and wouldn't you know it, I would've beat the guy who won it all by a score of 108-107! All because of Longwell uncharacteristically missing that short field goal in Week 15! ARGH!!

it was a VERY weird season for me, but in one league I Finished 7 out of 12 ( 4 of us had the same record so I was actually tied for 3rd but didnt have any tie breakers....in my other league (the satguys staff league) I won the super bowl!!!! I am still waiting on my ring :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)