Fantasy Football

No offense to fantasy players.....but it is an outright sacrilege to actually hope a player against your favorite team to do well for the sake of fantasy football. I have friends that have been begging me for YEARS to get in a league or two and I just cannot do that.

More power to ya for those that can...

No offense to fantasy players.....but it is an outright sacrilege to actually hope a player against your favorite team to do well for the sake of fantasy football. I have friends that have been begging me for YEARS to get in a league or two and I just cannot do that.

In defense of Fantasy....

I have two rules when I play:

a) I root for my "real" team over fantasy, no matter what.
b) I never pick a player on a rival team, eliminating the possibility to EVER have to "root" for that team/player at any time during the season.

In short, the two are completely separated. In no way do I allow fantasy to interfere with my #1 passion that is all things Cleveland Sports.

In defense of Fantasy....

I have two rules when I play:

a) I root for my "real" team over fantasy, no matter what.
b) I never pick a player on a rival team, eliminating the possibility to EVER have to "root" for that team/player at any time during the season.

In short, the two are completely separated. In no way do I allow fantasy to interfere with my #1 passion that is all things Cleveland Sports.

IF you could do it and STILL have a WINNING fantasy team...yo are WAY AHEAD of the curve! :up

I think that's where the problem lies Salsa. I've never won in Fantasy. I'm just too stubburn to be subjective. I have more fun picking a roster full of Browns.

LMAO....I would do the same damn thing!!! The ONLY game I use to love was Strato-baseball.....ever hear or play it?

LMAO....I would do the same damn thing!!! The ONLY game I use to love was Strato-baseball.....ever hear or play it?

I've heard of it, but never actually played it. Strat-O-Matic was definitely cult classic. I think I even remember a small exhibit showcasing that game in Cooperstown.

Hey when you are Lions fan, like I am, it makes no difference. :D

I've heard of it, but never actually played it. Strat-O-Matic was definitely cult classic. I think I even remember a small exhibit showcasing that game in Cooperstown.

You have a draft....and play on last years stats with dice and flip cards for everything from hitting, attempting to steal bases to taking an extra base. Everything is rated on players from rage to arm strength. AND the parks come into play if you chose them. I LOVED the game, but since Fantasy baseball...very little people play it.

You have a draft....and play on last years stats with dice and flip cards for everything from hitting, attempting to steal bases to taking an extra base. Everything is rated on players from rage to arm strength. AND the parks come into play if you chose them. I LOVED the game, but since Fantasy baseball...very little people play it.

Sounds awesome! Maybe someone will re-invent it or introduce it to the youth.

I'm not in a FF league- rather, I'm in an office pool where I root for the teams I PICK to win.

If the team I pick wins an ugly 9-6 game, then so be it.

I'm with you. I like my favorite teams too much to even consider the compromising that is necessary for a fantasy league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts