Fashion TV HD Removed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
With the addition of HUB HD today we missed something and that was DISH Network dropped Fashion TV HD.

If you tune to the channel you see a sling saying...

"Fashion TV HD is no longer carried bu DISH Network.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

You can still watch Fashion TV live online at www.ftv.com along with many videos from their top show."

I was just going to remove it from the guide, but as of right now. I still have video on 374 on the WA. Bikini models on the runway. The guide has press info for important news though.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

isaacmorseMI said:
They could've kept it and added Hub HD as well. They just didn't want to devote HD bandwith to a channel very few people watch.

Using that logic. There are probably another half dozen or more they can get rid off too.

I haven't watched FTv much other than scrolling thru channels. I bet it had more HD than The Hub and used more bandwidth than The Hub HD will.

Using that logic. There are probably another half dozen or more they can get rid off too.

I haven't watched FTv much other than scrolling thru channels. I bet it had more HD than The Hub and used more bandwidth than The Hub HD will.

Yep. They did keep it in SD though. I don't know of any other US provider that carries FTV at all.

To be honest.. I did tune in once in a while.. caught a couple of really cool fashion shoots... more behind the scenes, watching how they compose shoots and some of the unique locations. The first one I'd caught was Karl Lagerfield doing Pirelli's 2011 calendar ... it was at his Paris studio, the background of which could easily be described as a private library.
Pirelli's 2011 Calendar: Julianne Moore As A Greek Goddess & Male Models (NSFW PHOTOS, VIDEO)
gave me more respect for the work that goes into the art of the higher end shoots.

but there's no way I would have paid for the channel if dish wanted to charge for it. It was interesting, but not really worth paying for. I could see it being for those in that world...

I certainly won't miss FTV. And Hub HD probably will use less bandwidth than FTV.
With the addition of HUB HD today we missed something and that was DISH Network dropped Fashion TV HD.
I'm really glad to read that I didn't miss Hub HD. I was fixing my channel listing to remove FTV, and scanning through and noticed the Hub HD was available. I was wondering how long I was missing that. Apparently not long at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts