Fast busy when calling Dish this morning

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
Has anyone by chance tried to call Dish this morning ?? I've tried 1-800-825-2557 and 1-800-284-7116 and both give me "fast busy" signals. Same thing when calling from my cellphone.

I can get through using a couple of executive office numbers though (but I just get voice mail).

1-888-GET-DISH works....

1-800 or 1-888 GET DISH, can't remember which, gets an adult "talk" type service. :D

The 'phonebots' are probably all on break!:devil:

Actually, I just dialed 800.333.3474 and got through, no problem.

Last edited:
I got through by calling the "get dish" number (438 3474), though it sure sounded like "Dish India". More importantly, it all went well (believe it or not).

"Fast busy" indicates the circuits are busy- overloaded. That could be the switching center near you, or more likely, the center handling Dish. It happens during high demand, but also during maintenance or damage, when some number of circuits are taken out of service.

I would get that from time to time when I would call for an activation or service issue on a customers account, usually all you have to do is hang up and call back. I noticed it mostly during the 11am - 1pm lunch hour time line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)