FASTNERS and WASHERS

Status
Please reply by conversation.
OK, Bill, I guess I misunderstood the meaning of the question. I went out and looked at all 6 of my C Band mounts. No bushings, but there is a thick (1/8") greased washer on each side of the moving mount on 4 of them, and 2 (given to me by the same person) have a teflon washer between the steel washers and the movable section of the mount. The steel washers there are the real thin ones (fender washers, I think they are called), also. I am not sure how those will work in this area when I get them up as summer temps can hit above 125* and teflon bleeds under heated pressure.
I think I would go with grease. I do not know how to draw it up, but from the bolt head> fixed mount> greaased washer> movable mount> 2nd greased washer> lock nut. It is snug, but not torqued tight. I can not rotate the washer with a hand pick, but I can slide it a bit with a screw driver.
POP

Thomas just got a dish with a similar mount.
Not sure if the two are related, or if this mount design was something common before 1980 (?)
Well it's kind of the same. The mount is square just like yours is. Mine has four pieces of flat iron bracket that bolts onto the mount and on the other side of the bracket it mounts onto the lip on the back. The dish is a four sided dish and has lips or a better word ridges that bolt together making the four sides into a circle dish. The one I picked up last weekend is made of Fiberglass and is super heavy. Right now I'm waiting for some help from my friends to lift it out of my trailer and put it against the fence so I can take a better look at the rusted out mount. I know I can replace the mount no problem however hearing the solid fiberglass dish moan with cracking noises makes me wonder if it worth it? There is a thread on it on the c-Band Satellite Discussion titled: 12 ft fiberglass dish

Thanks,
Tom

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)