Fav FTA channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mab631

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
Just wanted to ask everyone here what are your favorite FTA channels?

Not necessarily my favorite, but as alternative FTA 24HR news channels in English on Galaxy 25 (97W):

• Al Jazeera International
  • Press TV
  • Russia Today

well lets see
sports wise
any channel that has a hockey game (preferably HD)..this includes the FSSN

news wise
Russia Today
Al Jazeera Int'l

Other
AMGTV on C-Band (they have wrestling on there)
NASA on C-Band
Retro Jams

For news, all of the feeds :), Al Jazeera English, MHz Worldview when they have France 24 news on and NYN when they have DW-TV Journal on. Russia Today has some interesting documentaries on sometimes too.

I am looking into putting in a C-Band dish so I can get BBC World @ 127W and another C-Band dish at 58W so I can get EuroNews, CCTV 9 and DW-TV. :)

1. ANY feed of my favorite sports team (hint: anyone from New England)
2. Retrojams
3. Any yankee game so that I can root for them to lose :)

Probably say NASA tv, that was the #1 reason I finally decided to buy a dvb receiver. When NASA dumped the analog feed which I had watched for years, I had to go for it. And after that, the RTN channels. I finally just hooked up a sep dish/receiver for NASA so I wouldn't have to switch things.
Now all I have to do is push the input button on the tv remote to go from reg FTA to NASA FTA, don't even have OTA channels hooked up often.

If I told ya, I'd have to kill ya. ;)

You know there may be something to this. When you brag up on our favorite FTA channels the big guys (pizza pan providers) are listening and demand for our most liked stations uplinks be encrypted. Take The Outdoor Channel for example. Was in the clear for many many years now is not. I have a feeling that popularity forces some of them to do the dirty non-fta deed. Just a thought. :hungry:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)