Favorite all time sports theme music

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The original Hockey Night in Canada theme (now airing on TSN/RDS). A few years back, CBC refused to pay around 50k to renew the rights.
Needless to say in Hockey mad Canada, a lot of viewers were pissed.

A far distant 2nd would be the "Bulls" NBA opening theme on NBC in the 90s written by John Tesh

Followed by MNF

Also, being a long suffering Hartford Whaler fan, I have to include Brass Bonanza as well.... ;)

WOW.....I remember this back in the day on SportsChannel New England, with Rick Peckham and Gerry Cheevers on the call!!

Last edited by a moderator:
For me the NBA on NBC theme would be #1 and really brings back some great memories,especially with the bulls throughout their 6 championships. At a very close 2nd, The Monday Night football theme Cosmo posted above.

Also, being a long suffering Hartford Whaler fan, I have to include Brass Bonanza as well.... ;)

WOW.....I remember this back in the day on SportsChannel New England, with Rick Peckham and Gerry Cheevers on the call!!

The NBA on NBC theme

For me the NBA on NBC theme would be #1 and really brings back some great memories,especially with the bulls throughout their 6 championships. At a very close 2nd, The Monday Night football theme Cosmo posted above.

I agree with all the above here. I mean there are some good themes. I'll put in no particular order-NFL on CBS theme (90s), NFL on FOX, MLB on FOX, The Whalers theme, the NBA on NBC theme and the old ESPN Sportscenter theme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm hoping for "the thrill of victory" tonight, but right now it looks like it will be "agony of defeat"

Sorry for your agony, Bill. Just about everything in that series kept screaming, to me, that Montreal wanted that series 10X as much as the Bruins...even the goal-posts and cross-bars were leaning Montreal. On a side note, perhaps they should rename this tune to 'Bob's Song.'

Almost anything CBS from the 80s. NBC's use of Don't Turn Away by Midnite Flight for it's NFL coverage (1980-81). Herb Alpert's 1980 (used by NBC during the 1986 World Cup). TNT's NFL (1992-93) and NBA from about the same time. ESPN's NFL from 1994-97 and the CFL on CBC theme which was used in their final years together,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts