Favorite Gaming System

Currently,or favorite of all time?At this very moment I would have to go with the PS3.

Old school probably SNES

Why isn't PC an option? I'd say right now it's my favorite. Much more variety than what the "big 3" are providing.

Why isn't PC an option? I'd say right now it's my favorite. Much more variety than what the "big 3" are providing.

PC would be my choice as well. If we are sticking to consoles I would say 360. I like my PS3 for its exclusives and Blu-ray but the 360 is a better game console in my opinion.

First Xbox live blows PSN away. Simple things like private party chat and cross game chat make it easier to play with friends without screaming racist 12 year olds ruining it for you. These options aren't available on PSN. In most games you have to manually mute everyone you don't want to hear before each round. I also like to stream my own music in when I play multiplayer games like COD, Gears, or Halo. This is a great feature but it's not available on PSN. I love the fact that Xbox has all these features built right into the OS so every game is compatible with all of them. Sony depends on developers to implement them and most don't.

The other big thing is ports. When done right there is absolutely no difference between the 360 and PS3 version of a game. Unfortunately that often isn't the case. The 360 was almost always the lead platform for development and then it was ported to PS3. Many games end up running much smoother or have slightly better graphics on 360 because of this. Games like fallout and skyrim have PS3 specific glitches. Games like the Mass Effect trilogy suffer from framerate drops. Games like Red Dead Redemption have increased shadow and texture detail. These games are just examples. There are plenty of websites that do comparisons if you want to see which platform has the better port for a specific game. In most cases it is 360. Now if you only played on PS3 you would likely still be happy with your ports and may not even notice the problems. Like I said, when done right there should be no difference.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I still occassionally play the ol' Atari (donkey kong, pac-man, Zaxxon). Still own the coleco and the original Pong that's the size of a labrador which takes 8 D-sized batteries

I currently own a PS3. I would have to say I enjoy it for being able to get some PS2 favorites (Bully, GTA: SA and Fire Pro Wrestling returns). All time, I would say SNES.

I'm considering diving into PC rather than a new console. My brother says I will not be sorry. :)

I skipped consoles over the decades.. from Pong (yes im that old) to snes to Playstation 1st gen & PS2. Till finally Xbox 360..

In all of those I prefer the Xbox... for a few reasons..
1..I like the look and feel of the controler
2.. Sony keeps changing formats every time.. Not backwards compatible.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

PC gaming FTW.
Ahh yes..

2445038-4694434071-PC_Ga.jpg

This is somewhat off topic but..

Today while I was waiting to get my car's oil changed I was playing Sonic Advance on my Game Boy Advanced Emulator on my cell phone. I had a weird "moment" as an old school gamer when I thought about how 20 years ago, the idea of playing a SONIC game on a NINTENDO system was unfathomable, akin to playing a Mario game on a Sega system. Yes I realize we've been playing Sega properties on Nintendo systems for about a decade now, and have even played the scenario of Sonic VS Mario on Super Smash Bros Brawl, but to see a 16-bit style Sonic on a 16-bit Nintendo system was like living in the MultiVerse. It also occurred to me that today's gamers will never know that Sega and Nintendo at one time were fierce rivals, and the idea of Sonic or any other Sega property being on a Nintendo system was akin to blasphemy back in the day.

With that knowledge, who knows what the console scene will be like in another decade..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts