This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Favorite "Show Off" Blu Ray Movie?

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
For those of you (unlike me) who have modern systems (1080p display and an audio receiver that uses the new HD/lossless codecs,) what are your favorite movies to use to really show off the great quality that BD can exhibit? I mean odds are you wouldn't use a movie like "Gangs of New York" or "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation", so which ones do you like to use to prove to your friends & family that you weren't crazy to spend so much money in your system?

Well BLu ray would be I am legend, the openning scene with the lion...

HD DVD ( if you want me to remove this because of obvious reasons I will, I am just sharing) would be transformers, the whole movie

I still use Transformers on HDDVD as my show HD media, and play the shuttle launch(es) from When We Left Earth off my HR21 to show what broadcast HD looks like.

Can anyone attest to Blade Runner and Ratatouille? Those appear to be of better quality. Of those 2 I'd probably pick up BR, but I can't until I upgrade my system as I don't think it'll be too awe inspiring on my current specs.

Can anyone attest to Blade Runner and Ratatouille? Those appear to be of better quality. Of those 2 I'd probably pick up BR, but I can't until I upgrade my system as I don't think it'll be too awe inspiring on my current specs.

This is a tough choice...I lean toward Ratatouille. The PQ is excellent!!!

The HD DVD version of the Directors cut rocks... one to be on the look out for when it comes out will be Serenity...

Is that for sure going to be released on BD? : I just checked High-Def Digest and didn't see it listed under future BD releases.