Favorite Sports-Themed Video Games

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
After seeing HD's new avatar- NBA Jam was an awesome game, but I always struggled with goaltending calls- I was inspired to come up with a thread on our favorite sports-themed video games.

What are your favorites?

I have a lot of them:

EA Sports' NHL games for the Sega Genesis
787783-nhl94_gen_us_large.jpg

The Madden Games for the Sega Genesis

Lakers vs. Celtics and the NBA Playoffs for the Sega Genesis
LakersvsCeltics_GenesisBOX2005boxart_160w.jpg

Wayne Greyzky's 3D Hockey for the Nintendo 64
wayne_gretzky3dhockeyn64.jpg

The Triple Play Baseball games for the Playstation

NHL Hitz for Playstation 2

NFL Blitz

Baseball Stars on Nintendo. I know it doesn't have any sports names or anything but that the funnest baseball game I have ever played.

Gold: RBI Baseball - NES
Silver: Super Tecmo Bowl - NES
Bronze: Blades of Steel - NES

like HD.....NBA Jam,Mike Tyson's Punch-Out & Joe Montana's Sports Talk Football.

Lakers vs. Celtics...............The original PC version.

MLB The Show is the best baseball game I've ever played, though I've gotten away from playing as the entire team as I am not as familiar with the sport as I wish I was, so I do the Road to the Show and play the career of a single player.

I buy and play the hell out of every Madden, especially with the reintroduction of online franchise.

I play NCAA Football quite a bit, poses more of a challenge than Madden since you can't take a poor team and 'win it all' in a single year, you genuinely have to build franchises over multiple seasons, something you can't do in the NFL/Madden since there are fewer teams and a playoff system.

I'm shallow and old games lose their nostalgia as their graphics and rosters get dated. I don't know baseball well, so just bought MLB The Show 09 2 weeks ago for $30 even though 10 is coming out or is out this week. I know i'll be putting it down for FF13 soon, so no point paying $60 when I won't notice roster differences.

Gold - Super Tecmo Bowl for NES - You could never stop the slant route - Montana to Rice - TD everytime.

Silver - Original Baseball for NES - Although it wasn't endorsed by MLB at the time and had no player names, I would actually keep a score card and stat sheet when I was kid everytime I played.

Bronze - Mike Tyson's Punchout NES - I actually just got the new Wii edition and it sure has brought back some memories, funny how I can still remember some of the blocking combos 20 years later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)