Favorites List Question

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
On one of our 722s, I have channel 101 SD version stuck in the favorites under List 1. When I try to get rid of it in the modify list menu (8-2) for List 1 there is no red dots selected. Also channel 101 SD version is not even listed. When I use the guide button, List 1 shows up with channel 101 SD version. Does anyone know how to remove List 1 from the guide? I have tried changing the name to something else but channel 101 SD version still will show up and I cannot get rid of it in the menu (8-2) Modify List.

Try blocking out channel 101 under the locks menu and I bet it disappears from your favorites list.

Channel 101 SD version is not listed in the channel locks and the favorites modify list. Channel 101 HD version is there, but not the SD version. When I look into both the All channel and All Sub channel guides I see channel 101 twice, SD and HD version. This same problem is also happening in one of my 722ks too. When I go in the guides there is a List 1 with only channel 101 SD version listed.

I might add, both of these DVRs use to have a name in place of List 1. Did not want the name anymore so changed it back to List 1 and deleted all the favorite channels. This is when the problem started.

In another 722k that I just installed recently there is no problem. When I go into the guide it just goes thru the All channels, All Sub channels, and HD channel list.

Possibly you have to have at least one channel to maintain a list.

You could try adding the phantom channel and then deleting it. This might get it recognized for the delete.

You can also change the guide button so that instead of changing lists it gives you a menu to modify favorites, etc, and to go up/down for selection of the lists. I do it this way.

-Ken

Possibly you have to have at least one channel to maintain a list.

You could try adding the phantom channel and then deleting it. This might get it recognized for the delete.

You can also change the guide button so that instead of changing lists it gives you a menu to modify favorites, etc, and to go up/down for selection of the lists. I do it this way.

-Ken

The phantom channel (101 SD) is completely missing in the favorite modify and channel locks section in all four of my DVRs. Channel 101 HD is there, but no 101 SD. I will call Dish this week. See this thread I have started in the Dish Support forum. Favorites List Problem

Called Dish support today. The lady said that was normal for channel 101SD to be stuck in a List that previously was named and then changed back to a List. I told her I did the same exact setup scenario on another 722 and it did not stay stuck in a List. She submitted an engineer ticket. So someday if or when I hear back or it is fixed I will post it here. It is just how come issue anyway and no big deal. Thanks to all that helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)