FCC Approves Partial Use of E-10 at 110 W

Only really workable solution I could see coming out of this is that Dish agrees to provide new dishes and free service calls to all DIRECTV customers that have problems when E10 uses those TPs. So, if they activate the three TPs and a DIRECTV sub calls up and complains that they are having dropouts caused by E10 Dish would have to reimburse DIRECTV for what ever costs occur to fix the problem at the subs house.

Either that or Dish has to leave E6 at 110, and uplink the three TPs for DIRECTV at double power on E6 so the the problem goes away.

Seeing how 119 is Dish Network's core slot, I do not see Dish Network EVER doing this unless they make 110 the core slot location or something but that would cost Dish a bunch of money to swap out people's dishes.

DirecTv is not going to do that because there is nothing in it for them but potential hassle.

At this point it would be nice to see a piece of spacejunk hit DTV's space junk that is at 110.

If something were to happen to the bird at 110 DTV would be in a very tight spot.
DTV has leased their old bird to Telsat Canada.

No in orbit spare for 110.

I wonder who has a some extra capacity at an existing bird at 110 :)

Remember DTV 5 is not in the best of health....but better than the spacejunk E* likes to call E4

D*'s two leased satellites to Bell ExpressVu has a condition, that D* can take them back if needed at any time.

A very similiar problem has been discussed here in the fta sections.
There is a channel called The Tube/Retro Jams on Galaxy 10R 123W,
that is very weak. It has been determined the Dish new E9 at 121W,
is powerful enough to mess up just 1 channel.

A broadband sharing deal between D & E, could have made them cordial.
Now these 3 tp's just ruined that permanment. E should have bent over backwards to get the broadband sharing, finalized then asked for a favor.
Your seeing them beginning of one off the biggest mistakes & hatred to
ever hit this industry. Its in the peacefull stage now. Both sides have screwed
each other, both want control.

Maybe D* will publicly announce the name of the person with bad math skills.
Blame a 2nd person & a 3rd person for letting it slip E.
I know who's been signing off for Echostar to the FCC. He's just to blame also,
if not the culprit. His name is attatched. We have some brillant people here
that are very good reading FCC material & others understanding the technical
aspects.

The 30% will just have to go so where else.
E7's soon to be empty spots, could hit all spotarea's except questions
to Ohio/Penn while missing Kent/Tenn, Arkansas, Texas, New Mexico & Montana.
Effected future planned HD will just change E's plans for 148 & 121.

This is a sorry situation, that never should have happnened.
The responsible people are well compinsated.
Finding the right people will always be hard, the right talent doesn't have to relocate to Colorado.

mike123abc said:
...Either that or Dish has to leave E6 at 110, and uplink the three TPs for DIRECTV at double power on E6 so the the problem goes away.

That would be my guess. E* and D* will work out a deal where D* will retract its FCC complaint in exchange for E* serving its customers with double-power on the three TPs they own at 110. That way the interference potential is nil and E* gets to use all of its capacity. D* also makes out by extending the useful life of its satellite - maybe making it an in-orbit spare for 101 or one of the new Canadian slots.

I hate to suggest it... but if D* ends up with a nominally "spare" satellite, I wonder if Sky Angel would be in the market for it? E*3 may not have a long time left.

dlsnyder said:
That would be my guess. E* and D* will work out a deal where D* will retract its FCC complaint in exchange for E* serving its customers with double-power on the three TPs they own at 110. That way the interference potential is nil and E* gets to use all of its capacity. D* also makes out by extending the useful life of its satellite - maybe making it an in-orbit spare for 101 or one of the new Canadian slots.

I hate to ask the obvious, but if running those 3 TPs of D* at double power fixes the issue, then why the hell doesnt D* just run them on their own bird at double power? DirecTV 5 is Tempo 1, and has 32 Ku TP's at 115watts that can also be configured as 16 DOUBLE POWERED TP's at 220watts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)