FCC investigating MLB Deal

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I hope not and then pull the plug on the NFL Sunday Ticket and open it up to everybody whether your satellite or cable.Everybody should be able to get everything and anything.If it goes through what is next hockey.basketball,golf,nascar or your premium channels.Stop it and don't let it pass.Also pull the anti-trust exemption they have.

The NFL Sunday Ticket has always been a DirecTV exclusive (well except when it was available to C Band subscribers) so because of that I dont mind that DirecTV has it as an exclusive.

The MLB package on the other hand has been available to cable and satellite customers for years. The problem I have here is that they are taking this package away from fans who have been enjoying it for years and are forcing them to get DirecTV, many of these folks can't get satellite or may be locked in contracts with other providers.

This is why I am against this deal.

I agree Scott but the NFL Sunday Ticket just like everything else should be available to everyone.Nothing should be exclusive to one company for the reason you mentioned they can't either get satellite because homeowners association or los isuues or other issues.Just look how cheap nflst was when it was on c-band and first came to direct tv it was 300.000 and now almost 300.00.Imaging how much mlbei if direct tv gets it and less subscribers.Subscribers now what is it 79 million and at the most with direct tv 16 million plus quite a drop in subscriber rateor even less.maybe half if that in subscriber rate I bet.Open up everything to everyone and have nothing exclusive to one company and make the consumer make there decision to go with.If they opened nflst to everyone imagine how much the price could come down because of competitiveness in the marketplace.Pull the anti-trust mlb has now.

Last edited:
I hope the FCC will also look at the exclusivity that some cable companies have with the local teams, like Philadelphia and San Diego.

I hope not and then pull the plug on the NFL Sunday Ticket and open it up to everybody whether your satellite or cable.Everybody should be able to get everything and anything.If it goes through what is next hockey.basketball,golf,nascar or your premium channels.Stop it and don't let it pass.Also pull the anti-trust exemption they have.

The Cable companies had thier chance with the ST back when it started and they were not interested, therefore D* has the exclusive rights to it.

They probably figured it would not take off, now they are wanting to jump in seeing it's a big hit.

Jimbo

To be honest, I wish all the sports packages were available for all the systems out there, whether it be cable or satellite. The NFL ST is the main reason I am with D* and not cable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts