FCC questions AT&T for halting high-speed fiber deployment before net neutrality decision

Not related to AT&T but it would be nice if the FCC and FTC went after Verizon FIOS too. They lied to us for years that FIOS would come to our area 'soon'. Turns out after numerous service issues and complaints and finally contacting corporate headquarters, they admitted that they don't intend to bring it to rural areas like ours. It isn't profitable enough. They charge us more for the crap DSL service we get than they do for the FIOS they offer to other areas so I can see why it's more profitable to stick the rural areas with DSL!:mad:

Not related to AT&T but it would be nice if the FCC and FTC went after Verizon FIOS too. They lied to us for years that FIOS would come to our area 'soon'. Turns out after numerous service issues and complaints and finally contacting corporate headquarters, they admitted that they don't intend to bring it to rural areas like ours. It isn't profitable enough. They charge us more for the crap DSL service we get than they do for the FIOS they offer to other areas so I can see why it's more profitable to stick the rural areas with DSL!:mad:
With the phrase "it isn't profitable", you covered it. No provider is going to build physical plant in an area where there is little if any chance of positive return on investment.

With the phrase "it isn't profitable", you covered it. No provider is going to build physical plant in an area where there is little if any chance of positive return on investment.
My point is that Verizon deliberately lied to us and numerous others for years saying FIOS would be coming soon to rural areas. If a customer showed interest, they would even put you on a list and promise to contact you as soon as it was available, knowing full well they never intended to install it in those areas. There's a very big difference between an up front business decision to not provide a certain service to an area because it's cost prohibitive and lying to your customers on the premise that it is coming in the future with no intention to provide it from the beginning. We don't even get the promised speed or proper repairs on the DSL service they do provide us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts