FCC to Hold National Digital-TV Test Before Switch

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Broadcasters Would Suspend Programming Briefly on May 21

By AMY SCHATZ

WASHINGTON -- The Federal Communications Commission wants broadcasters to suspend regular programming and instead show a public-service ad about the digital transition for three five-minute periods May 21 as part of an effort to make sure Americans are ready for the switch.

Source & More: wsj.com

Burrocrats (sic) gotta have something to do.

I agree! Wonder how many folks are still not compliant yet! Bet this will affect the elderly the most for they really do not understand the concept and just don’t care.

New fangled technology is something that they don't understand and most of them don't care.

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

All a part of the plan. Setting the basis for the next "delay".

It will never happen.

I agree! Wonder how many folks are still not compliant yet! Bet this will affect the elderly the most for they really do not understand the concept and just don’t care.

New fangled technology is something that they don't understand and most of them don't care.

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

Actually, the data show the opposite, and have for months. People who write the articles simply don't bother to look at the facts before they pull up "old" and "poor" as the worst groups.

The general population is 3.1% totally unready, the over 55 age population is 1.7% unready. And that's not a recent change. The over age 55 population has been more ready than any other age group since Nielsen started publishing regular data in December.

Actually, the data show the opposite, and have for months. People who write the articles simply don't bother to look at the facts before they pull up "old" and "poor" as the worst groups.

The general population is 3.1% totally unready, the over 55 age population is 1.7% unready. And that's not a recent change. The over age 55 population has been more ready than any other age group since Nielsen started publishing regular data in December.

And interestingly, "according to Nielsen. Just 1.7% of households "over 55" are unprepared, while 5.7% of households "under 35" are unprepared."

OK, how many of you young whipper-snappers under the age of 35 even have an antenna? And if you do, what the heck are you waiting for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)