GEOSATpro Feature -- Glorystar Program list only dbs file?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rv1pop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Since the Glorystar list exists for the other Geosat products, And since I have NOT had success with the editor programs (my problem - others can do it) could someone who knows how, make a Glorystar db for the microHD. That would be one less variable to deal with re: my recording challenges and using the micro in this environment and family.

THANKS!

edit-- my thought is so that channel 101 is the same on all the receivers on the property ---, etc.

Pop I dont think it is possible due to the different file types the Micro uses vs the other Geosat models. The receivers that have the Glorystar setup use ChannelMaster which the Micro can't use.

Pop I dont think it is possible due to the different file types the Micro uses vs the other Geosat models. The receivers that have the Glorystar setup use ChannelMaster which the Micro can't use.
Thanks for that, and I kinda understood that. But way back in my DOS 3.1 days I took databases from almost any database / spreadsheet program and massaged it into any other file format. But I am 30 years older now and windows 7 and vista will not let me do it. I just finally figured out ADIF and Cabrillo files in the last few days to get my ham contest logs filed.
I know someone who is up to date could figure a script (javascript?) file to do the job, but I have not mastered Channel Master OR the ALI editors --- or even made them work ---- ONCE!

I know Channelmaster can convert files for different receivers. Thats how I got my Pansat 1500 and Coolsat 5000 to have the same satellite/tp list

I guess if the Channelmaster can do a .udf conversion maybe it would work...or maybe that big ALI editor might convert a .sdb file

Last edited:
Thanks.

My (relative) says there is something in ~~~~ something like ~~ framework.net ~~~ but my brain said, "more coffee will not help you understand this one!" And he has two more semesters to go before he gets his Masters and is too busy studying to help. (Probably really be two years with kids and work schedule.)

There are people who know what these programs are -- I am NOT one of them.

OK here is the Glorystar file. I hooked up the GeosatPro200 and selected Glorystar mode (after getting a data update) so the channel numbers show properly (like 900 is the beginning of the news channels)

dumped it into a USB and figured out how to import it.

You select "M-Vison ST-5" as the receiver type and it will import it. I then saved it as a MicroHD file. It is enclosed.

I'm not going to try to load this as I've seen too many posts where bad things happen So I'll post this and if someone wants to try it (Maybe Brian will on his test samples) to see if it works?

1st file is what would be loaded into the Micro
2nd file is what came from the 200

Attachments

• Glorystar.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 153
  • STB_DATA_0930163853.zip
    3 KB · Views: 153
note I am NOT responsible for what happens if you load it into your Micro. All I did was import it into the big ALI editor and exported it into a .udf that the Micro can read

Thank you!! If I do not hear from Brian by tomorrow morning, I will give it a try. Since I can not record the way it is .... So after IO get some rest I will try a new down load of the latest firmware, then if that works, I will try to install this file. I may call tech support to have them walk me through this... since I am not sure anything I have done has been done right. It should be working! Mine changes channels by itself! I MUST be doing something wrong.

pop

check the software date to see if its 8/29 date. To check
menu
scroll down to 4th option
right arrow to INFORMATION (hit ok)
under MAIN CODE date should be 08/29

If it isnt you can either download it via USB or satellite. Instructions are here
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...USB-and-Satellite-Update-(OTA-SSU)-08-29-2012

If you want to do it via satellite Brian has a great tutorial on how to do that
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...3-Firmware-on-back-up-transponder-for-Testing
(disregard the date.....it downloads the newest software which is 8/29)

If you update the software make sure after its done to do a factory reset to clean out any bugs :)

If so and you want to download this
Go down to 4th option
right arrow to UPDATE BY USB (hit OK)
scroll left or right to "USERDB"
The file posted above should show
hit start and it will download the user file and override your old channel list
when it says complete power off receiver then power back on (for channel list to take effect)

Now remember the default on Glorystar is 10750 22k ON so you may have to change that to whatever your setup are

Good luck!

Sorry, offline for a few days as my dad is visiting. Wont be able to test til the end of the week.

A channel list is very unlikely to change any of your recording issues. I would suggest that you perform a complete factory reset, load latest firmware, repeat the factory reset, rescan the satellite then try recording again. There are other problems if you are unable to record.

I think that is what I have done. I also went out and bought a new usb drive that was listed as good --- prices here are extreme, $185 for a 500 GB drive, and tried that. It also records by the buttons on the remote, but just deletes the "record" timer after turning the channel on and off by the timer. Indicates it is recording, but no programs on drive. I even tried choosing "channel" instead of record, but did not record -- which is what I expected. I may try the other receiver, but will not get to look at any of that until next week either. May be in court the rest of the week. :( So I will check with you in a week or two... Fall is here. A lot of work to do before RAIN and cold.

A do over please on UPDATES

I know this has been discussed, BUT I am still NOT getting it to work, :eek: so:

I go to the update software page. {I have the files on USB now, (THANK YOU Tony) so I will ignore the satellite for now, but would like to see the transponder numbers again for sure....}

I tell to update from USB.
select the proper firmware file. It loads. Then

either it reboots automatically, or I wait 5 minutes and manually unplug, wait 10 seconds and plug back in. (So far automatic has not worked.)

I then find Factory Default and do that, then power reboot again.

Then I got back - if I can to the USB page and load the new .dbs file list to the microHD and recycle power again?

NEXT: do I save files -- which ones or was that to have been done earlier? AND which ones to which name? ((THIS MAY be where I get confused so it fails).

Then another factory default and power cycle?

Thanks for the reading and answers..... Feel like asking if this is Metric or SAE!:D

Not sure if this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pop are you trying to reload your own list or the Glorystar one?

Then I got back - if I can to the USB page and load the new .dbs file list to the microHD and recycle power again?
you load "user file" which is a .udf file. Once it load the file, just power off (with remote), then power back on for the new channel list to take effect

NEXT: do I save files -- which ones or was that to have been done earlier? AND which ones to which name? ((THIS MAY be where I get confused so it fails).
You save the file before you upgraded the software UNLESS you don't care about the channel list.

only do a factory reset after loading new software or you want to wipe everything clean

Iceberg,

The converted Glorystar.udf file only has a single channel, TBN English on channel 1 and the LNB LO is set to 5150. The file works well and the TBN channel appears when the LO is changed.

Were all 75 Glorystar list channels showing on the editor before the .udf save?

Here is a microHD Glorystar Channel list with correct channel order and Standard LNB LO type setting.

Iceberg, I think that when the file was exported from MES that only the TBN channel was selected. When this list was exported, I selected to export all channels, not just selected channels.

Attachments

• Glorystar20121004.udf
    1.6 MB · Views: 170
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts