Fed up w/ Dish Network

MohaimenK

Original poster
Nov 30, 2007
I am very much upset w/ Dish right now. After 18 months I upgraded to service. OK so now every month, they keep screwing me up and over charging me for the free channels they give me. I also have FIOS in home for just Internet and Phone and want to switch to them instead of staying with dish. My question is, do I have to return my DVDs that I have??? I have 1 DVR from my original contract and then I got a 2nd one w/ the renewal. They said I have to return them but for some reason I don't buy that. Please advice. Thanks

Oh, not only do they want me to return them but will also charge me $209 for cancellation fee which the guy clearly said was because of the DVR!!! WTF?!?!?!?

What good are they going to do you if you goto another provider?? If they are leased yes you have to return them.

You have to pay a partial amount for every month that is left on your contract. Also, with a lease you do not own the equipment so you have to send it back.

the dvrs are leased.. unless you purchased them for full price (500 bux or so for hd dvrs.. 200-300 for sd).. if you got a dvr from them and accepted the 18 month contract then you're screwed and have to pay to break the contract

hmm interesting I c...well I guess he was right then. That's fine. If they keep screwing up my bill again then yes, good bye to Dish HD and will just add FIOS TV also regardless to paying or not. I was thinking of selling those DVRs thats why I asked. :eureka

what channels did they give you? and if they do give you free channels usually its only for a short time. not the life of the time you have dish network.

the dvrs are leased.. unless you purchased them for full price (500 bux or so for hd dvrs.. 200-300 for sd).. if you got a dvr from them and accepted the 18 month contract then you're screwed and have to pay to break the contract

Good luck selling them.. they are leased and wont be transferable.

I think u got screwed with the free premiums for 3 months.. they gave you the 12.99 credits all in one bill.. and of course customers would never call to ask why their bill is to low LOL.

I can see how you are mad tho, thats what has me scared in taking their cinemax for 1 penny.. what if they charge me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts