fee payment options

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

scarson79

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
is it an option with dn to pay on a yearly basis so as to save money? an example is that my local phone company allows me to pay a "yearly rate" for my internet. it comes out to basically being 11 months with one for free. i currently have family pack but really miss espn classic. does dish have an option when i can do 120+ on a yearly basis?
sam

I think that they will still do it annually. I used to do it that way, and they gave me 1 free month. They wouldn't do locals yearly though. I'm sure that you could call an upper level CSR to ask.

I don't even think Dish wants you to pay annually anymore.

I used to write a check for $1500/yr, but Dish makes it so dam difficult to give them my money upfront for a year, its just easier to do credit card autopay.

The last straw with annual payments for me was when they came out with the everything pack. When I asked what the discount was for paying annually they said "Your already getting a discount sir with the everything pack" and thats when I just gave up and went on auto-pay.

In these days when Dish can't even get customers to pay the first bill, they should be thankfull when someone wants to pay the bill for an entire year in advance, and they should be rewarded with a discount.

Back in the early days everything was annual... Just sad.

The other day, I tried to add Multi-Sports package to my Welcome Package just for the hell of it. I mean, I'd love to have it but figured correctly that it wouldn't let me have it with the Welcome Pack. Regardless, it gave me a message at the top of my online account that the Multi-Sports package could only be added with certain other packages. It listed them all and along with AT120, AT120+, AT200 and AT250 it included each again with the words "annual subscription" behind. So I'm assuming you can.

It caught my attention because I'm just missing too much of the sports programming that I want and I'm really considering a jump up to AT120+ and the Multi-Sport Package as well (although, if they offered it, I would be content with just my locals and the Multi-Sport) and it would be my preference to pay once a year just so I don't have to worry about it. At one time, I used to pay for AT200 on the annual subscription. I was in college at the time, though, so economics began playing cruel games on me. As another poster said, though, they never allowed my locals to be paid annually. I would get a bill for the annual amount, my locals and DVR fee each December. All of the other months, I would get a small bill for my locals and DVR fee.

Yea, you can do the AT120 and above packages annually without locals. You save a little on that side, but then they charge you $5.99 for locals, instead of the combined price of $5.

As far as the movie channels they will discount those annually, but do not pass along the discounts if you want more than 1 package.

If you want AT120, with no locals annually with no movies great! But any other configuration, it does not make sense.

I pay for almost everything 1 year at a time (At250, hbo, sports pack). Some things they don't let you pay yearly. Extra recvr fees, HD are monthly

Dish makes everybody take the locals now and if you have HD+Platinum they will not let you do annual. Since they are going to give everybody that does not have Platinum free HD next month I am going to drop the Platinum and go annual again.

iwas told by a csr one time that all packs could be paid this way but the 100+. they used the reason of the locals. can someone give me a clear answer on that. can i do 100+ yearly?

Dish makes everybody take the locals now and if you have HD+Platinum they will not let you do annual. Since they are going to give everybody that does not have Platinum free HD next month I am going to drop the Platinum and go annual again.

Not exactly true. All packages include the locals, but you can opt not to take them, which lowers the package price by $5 per month.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)