Feel like Dish has abandoned their current customers

It's deeper than just a "missed appointment"... why are they (and I'm not sure who 'they' is) (re)scheduling installs over and over when the installer has no receiver for the customer?

This is a seriously broken system of doing business! What if you went to a restaurant, ordered the steak, waited the 'usual prep time' only to be told at the end of it there were no steaks but "we expect them to arrive soon"? Why did they permit you to order in the first place??

Also why are they charging creditcards at time the orders were placed ?

They should only charge once they ship the product .

rad said:
Carl B said:
I think the 811 has become the "Tickle Me Elmo" toy of 2003!

At least Tickle Me Elmo worked as advertised out of the box! You can't say that for the 811. I got mine sold on E-Bay in less then 24 hours. I did try posting it here first but the response was underwhelming.

$330, Congratulations.

ROLLTIDE said:
$25 ? LOL Are you crazy . That's not enough.

If you take the day off from work they should pay you what you would make in an average day .
My dentist charges $50 if you miss (without prior notification) an hour appointment. The idea that E* would give a programming credit for missing appointments would be good, and may help solve scheduling problems.

I do like your idea of "a day's wages", especially since that would be a considerably better than $25 or $50 in my case. :D But I don't believe that a minimum wage employee that scrapes together enough to order a system should be paid less for E* breaking their promise than anyone else.

JL

I just got my cancellation call from them, this is bull****. I'm looking into another HD alternative tomorrow morning.

Call the BBB and file a complaint. Call your State Attorney General office and file a complaint. I have filed a complaint with both against both Echostar and the installer. If everyone that has been lied to about the 811's would do this maybe something will get done. These people have taken our money and have not delivered the product. This is not right, do not let them get away with it.

Why not file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commision, https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

Hey, Charlies always quick with taking someone to court, maybe someone ought to see if uncle Sam wants to pay Charlie a visit. Besides missed appointments, charging for product not delivered why not add product not working as advertised?

I finally got my 811 installed this weekend. I emailed and called dish after each missed install or re-schedule. Guess they got tired of me calling. Except for the annoying stretch mode, it looks great.

I have called I dont know how many times regarding the same problem in the past just to get things more complicated or to have no resolution. It would sometimes take weeks of phone calls just to get a situation straightened out. I must have spent 5-10 hours on the phone with some of these screw ups Dish Network has had.

Just got off the phone

I just spent a hour on the phone with Dish. I called a local retailer who has twenty 811 receivers in stock, so I called the installers to see if they could get one from them so I could have my System installed. They refused to even call the retailer, so I called dish corporate offices and spent an hour with trying to get something done. After an hour I got nowhere and gave up. This company's service is just unbelievable!

The local retailer buys the 811's from dish at a slightly discounted retail price. The Installers get the 811's from dish. What you purpose is that Dish buy the 811 back from the retailer for $350+ and sell it to you for $200 or $149 or free. Doesn't work out to well.

ROLLTIDE said:
Fileing a Complaint with the FTC and BBB is a waste of time.
An FTC complaint would take years to get through, a BBB complaint only works if people CHECK with the BBB (or care). E* would see both as empty threats, on the same level as ranting on the Internet - which may actually have better results. :D

Tell a friend not to order E* ...
That's the real killer marketing - word of mouth from a trusted source.

Personally, I'm glad I got all my E* equipment retail or eBay. *I* set the install timetable - *I* decided how to wire my house - *I* am more than happy with the results (and E* still repaid me for the receivers via the $17 per month credit).

JL

I have decided to let dish know just how I feel about their total lack of customer service by cancelling my HDTV in a box. There is no way I can justify giving these people $1000 of my money. I will just wait a little longer and for a few dollars more get a much better TV and a over the air tuner, because I wanted the 811 for the over the air tuner anyway.

Re: Called Dish no 811

Ron2nd2nd said:
The point is that I cannot get a 811 delivered to my house by dish at this time.

I dont understand. I went to Dish Depots web site the day after Christmas and was able to order one. It was shipped out yesterday and will be here tomorrow.

I was also able to get in on the $149 deal several weeks ago.

Re: Called Dish no 811

volfan615 said:
Ron2nd2nd said:
The point is that I cannot get a 811 delivered to my house by dish at this time.

I dont understand. I went to Dish Depots web site the day after Christmas and was able to order one. It was shipped out yesterday and will be here tomorrow.

I was also able to get in on the $149 deal several weeks ago.

Your are Vol fan and charlie loves Vol fans . If you say go Vols you will get a free 921 .

According to Dish all the retailers have the 811 because they ordered them and Dish gave them most of them did not keep enough for themselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts