Feel like Dish has abandoned their current customers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ron2nd2nd

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2003
:(
I have been with Dish for about 5 years and have been pretty much satisfied with the service. So much so that I purchased a PVR about a year ago and love it. So this year was the year for my family to upgrade to High Def. I planned it all out to buy a Mitsubishi WS-55413 which does not have the HD tuner as I was going to purchase the 811 or maybe the 921 if it was ready for the public but would be ok for the 811 to do the job. So our TV arrives around the first of the month and it looks great and work great. So now it is time to really get it looking good by getting a HD receiver. Well all of you know the rest of the story as I have read all the posts. Here I wait and wonder if Dish will ever come thru and I wonder how long it will be for me to see HD on my new tv. My father has Direct for about 4 years with HD and if they have a deal for HD users I may switch. It is amazing as I never miss a Charlie Chat or Tech Chat. But they have really done me wrong. Just venting and telling my side of the story.....[

I'm not sure of your point here. Where has Dish failed current customers? Try to get an HD receiver from Direct for $199 or $149, even as a new customer.

921 - well we all knew we would have to wait on that one. But the 811 came with a great deal for current customers.

So what exactly does 'we've all read the posts mean'? If you are talking about the 'problems' with the 811 - just remember that the most vocal are the ones with problems. I got my 811 3 days after release, and while it has problems, Dish has been quick to get updates out. I already consider the 811 better than the 6000 - others don't.

Chris

as an existing customer, I was able to trade up (albeit with my 6000) to an 811 for $150 at DishDepot. No appointment required for installation and no minimum programming requirement!

Give Mark a call and see what he can do for you!

Called Dish no 811

The point is that I cannot get a 811 delivered to my house by dish at this time.

Re: Called Dish no 811

Ron2nd2nd said:
The point is that I cannot get a 811 delivered to my house by dish at this time.

Have you even called Dish? Some areas of the country appear to have the boxes ready to go, others appear to have shortages.

It is pretty lame to just get on the board and complain that you have read that you might not be able to get a box when you want it when you have not even ordered it.

Stop complaining and call Dish if you even have a Dish account and are not just trolling on the boards.

I called Dish and they refused to allow me to order an 811 because i was a DHP customer. I could not even get a price quote. They told me to call back after january 5th they MAY have a dhp 811 offer then

Stop the Flames!

YES I did call this morning and talked to a MaryAnn and she said the 811 is not available for me to purchase and might be able to purchase it after the 5th of January. Remember folks I like Dish and am a subscriber but want some hardware that is not available. Hope this stops some of the flames!

Ron

If you would have indicated this in your first post the flames would not have started.

Unfortunately, as most in this environment know, if you wait a month or so after a highly anticipated product is released, you often don't get it right away. Sorry if you feel this is snappy, but it is the truth.

Chris

did you try to buy it from online retailers?

i know for a fact that :
http://www.vssll.com/6000.htm

has them in stock, but I am waiting for the 921

Our good hosts appear not to have them in stock, but these people say they do:

http://dishdepot.com/Cart/description.php?II=492698&UID=2003122421265812.73.13.42

You can probably have it in your hands Saturday if you want to pay the shipping charges ($$$).

I can relate to Ron's situation. I am an existing dish customer, ordered the 811 the day after it was announced, I am now on my 5th install reschedule. The worst one was the last 12/24. The installer called on 12/23 to confirm the 811 had arrived, and would be there 12/24, between 12 and 5. Never showed up, no call. Called Dish exec office today to complain, got nowhere, said no product would be available until after jan 5th. Also said my problem was not with dish but the installation contractor. Called the installation contractor, said there was no record of anyone calling me on the 23rd. Must have been someone on the "other shift" and they aren't available. I don't understand why a firm install date cannot be set. I think dish knows that there is not another comparable deal for HD & existing customer installs are secondary to new customer installs. The thing is, I'm not upset if there is a limited supply. I'm upset because they will not tell me the truth and give me a definite install date.

guys-guys-GUYS! I don't understand what the big deal is!?

What is keeping you from calling up Mark at Dish Depot and having him ship you one directly! You've already got the hardware in place so there is no need to have someone install your replacement receiver. Just swap out new for old and call Dish to get it activated.

No installation appointment or programming commitment required!

This is what I have done and I've been enjoying the 811 for two weeks now!

Ditch your forever-rescheduled installation appointment with Dish Corporate, make the call to Dish Depot and install it yourself!

If you fail to take action, you deserve the level of service that you get! :rolleyes:

SpenceJT said:
If you fail to take action, you deserve the level of service that you get! :rolleyes:
That has to be the most ridiculous statement I have read on here today.
You make it sound like its the customers' fault for wanting to save $200+ by going with E* to buy the 811 through a promotion THEY advertised. Dish messed up that is all there is to it. It can be spun anyway you want but they messed up and seem to have no concern how this crap is affecting their customers. For every missed appointment they should have to pay the customer $25 or a free month of service or something.

You are right awax, pretty lame statement. :D

I can't elaborate any further on the point I was trying to make without removing all doubt as to my current ridiculous-ness (brought about no doubt by an ongoing cold/flu and the use of medicines to battle said malady). ;)

SpenceJT said:
You are right awax, pretty lame statement. :D

I can't elaborate any further on the point I was trying to make without removing all doubt as to my current ridiculous-ness (brought about no doubt by an ongoing cold/flu and the use of medicines to battle said malady). ;)
I do see the point you were trying to make and if you remove the price difference your statement is dead on.

"For every missed appointment they should have to pay the customer $25 or a free month of service or something."

here here, and i say for every time the installer shows up and the customer isnt home we charge the customer $25 also.

$25 ? LOL Are you crazy . That's not enough.

If you take the day off from work they should pay you what you would make in an average day .

Carl B said:
I think the 811 has become the "Tickle Me Elmo" toy of 2003!

At least Tickle Me Elmo worked as advertised out of the box! You can't say that for the 811. I got mine sold on E-Bay in less then 24 hours. I did try posting it here first but the response was underwhelming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)