This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Feeling stupid and more

Status
Please reply by conversation.

melbfla

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
Hello evryone

Well as I mention before I have a motorized set up I installed myself and that went well. Now I am trying to do a fix set up for my mom and can not get it going and also confused.
I purchased the GEOSATpro 90cm / 36" Offset Satellite Dish with the The GEOSATpro Bullet LNBF standard and using a fortec star lifetime classic NA receiver.
I am seting it up for now at my house wich is area code 32907 my settings are
Compass Reading: 115.6 Dish Elevation: 26.2
LNBF Rotation: -55.5 deg.

I am trying to get Hispasat using 12052 27500 which I know is a fairly strong transporter, also my receiver is set for 10750 13/18v 22kz off.
When I use this settings and look at my motorized setup is way off and do not get any signal strength , when I mimic what the motorized set up looks like I get areound 29 strenght but not a lock . I know is just a matter of time and patience but it confuses me why the dish elevation and the compass reading especially appear so far off . I only get the 29 strength when I really mess with the skew . I guess I am venting seeems like it was easier at least for me to install my motorized system.
Regards

Status
Please reply by conversation.