Fellow South and Southwest Floridians, do you have signal on tp 22 on 110W

Brewnets

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 24, 2010
Floriduh
I live in Evanston IL and am visiting in my RV in Florida. My channel 429 sportsnet is coming in.

I am using a turbo HD dish pointed at 77,72, and 61.5 and a vip 222 ird.

None of my locals come in and I was told they would because they were conus beam.

Am I not receiving them now because I am not pointed at 119 110 or is it just impossible now to view them in SW Florida?

I used to do this all the time.

Chicago Big 4 (SD version) are CONUS on 110
They are on spotbeam on Eastern Arc
HD for both markets are on spotbeam

so to answer your question
Am I not receiving them now because I am not pointed at 119 110
yes

thank you sir.

If I point a 2nd dish at 110 only, can I plug them into a switch to get 110, 77, 72 and 61.5?

and if so, will this then get the Chicago SD channels on spotbeam?

or should I just use 2 dish 500's pointed at 119 110 and 61.5? will this then get then HD channels and the SD chi locals?

you can hook a 2nd dish at 110 and get those 4 sats...there are folks who have done that and it works fine. That would be the easiest

You will get the Big 4 (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX) in SD...the rest are on spotbeams

not all the HD is on 61.5...There is some on 72.7

thank you.

please inform me which switch would be necessary to connect a dish 500 pointed at 110 and the turbo HD dish pointed at the eastern arc.

I currently only have an sw21 switch.

The Eastern Arc Dish (61.5/72/77) has an input on the LNB. SO all you have to do is aim the 2nd dish at 110 and plug that LNB into the "input" on the Eastern Arc dish and run a check switch

The LNB for the 110 dish has to be DishPro (will have a DP on the LNB)

The Eastern Arc Dish (61.5/72/77) has an input on the LNB. SO all you have to do is aim the 2nd dish at 110 and plug that LNB into the "input" on the Eastern Arc dish and run a check switch

The LNB for the 110 dish has to be DishPro (will have a DP on the LNB)

amazing info. you have made my day!!!!

Clarification if your using 1000.4 dish you can add 110 as Iceberg said. Lf you are going to do 110/119/61.5 and 72.7 you should need DPP44.

I am using the vip 222 to attempt to get 110 in.

I am using a dish 500 with a single DP Lnb for 110. I plugged that cable into the turbo HD LNB in

I am not using any skew and set the elevation to the correct elevation for my zip.

when I scan the azimuth I can never pick up 110 it constantly says wrong sat, 77 dish mexico.

is it possible to use a vip 222 to get 110 in alone without 119 and setting skew?

I asked for the correct elevation for my zip setting the dish like it was a dish 300.

thanks

yea, just one cable from port one to receiver is all that is needed.
using dish 500 with one lnb and skew set at 90 degrees will have the same settings as a dish 300.
I would aim the 110 dish connected directly to the receiver, then once you have a good signal hook it up to the 1000.4 lnb and run check switch.

clear switch matrix by running check switch with nothing connected, then hook up your 110 dish and find signal.

either should be fine, I usually use 21, but both have a good signal.
when using the vip receiver to tune keep in mind that it is very slow to react unlike older receivers and allow at least 30 seconds between adjustments to be on the safe side.

well I was able to get 110 in using a sat finder. I hooked it to vip and espn and others come in good, but tp 22 where the chicago locals does not get any signal at all.

can someone verify that tp 22 on 110 chicago locals comes in down here in SW Florida?

thanks.

I saw on the conus map for 110 that I should have no problem getting them in.

I get a great signal strength on tp 21 on 110. when I turn to wfld channel 8493 it says signal has been lost.

Any SW Floridians getting Chicago conus beams?

I am down near Fart Myers, FL and I get a good signal on 110 tp 21.

tp 22 is dead and that is the tp that the chicago locals conus is on.

if it is not possible, I won't hire a tech on Monday and waste my money.

If it is possible I will hire someone. I spent the whole day up and down the roof used 2 dishes and 2 lnbs and even hooked up an old dish ird to get a signal to no avail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)