Female Chinese gymnasts age

The rules say age is verified by passport, and China produced passports, all signed and legal.
Again... CHINA GYMNAST '16,' GOING ON 14 - New York Post
* I don't believe a single thing this country says. They're Communist for Pete's sake. Maybe she/they is/are 16, but I seriously doubt it. They're government would sell their souls to the devil to win these games, much-less manipulate documents. How hard could it be to print a false age or birth-date on a piece of paper, especially when your own government is involved and allows it to be done?? It's all water under the bridge now, I guess, but it's still wrong and it's still BULL****! :rolleyes:

Never said I believed the girls were of age. They obviously are not. The rules are only as good as those who enforce them. How does the IOC prove that the Chinese government lied when issuing the passports?

Again... CHINA GYMNAST '16,' GOING ON 14 - New York Post
* I don't believe a single thing this country says. They're Communist for Pete's sake. Maybe she/they is/are 16, but I seriously doubt it. They're government would sell their souls to the devil to win these games, much-less manipulate documents. How hard could it be to print a false age or birth-date on a piece of paper, especially when your own government is involved and allows it to be done?? It's all water under the bridge now, I guess, but it's still wrong and it's still BULL****! :rolleyes:

I agree. I mean my 9 year old daughter is pretty athletic and she weighs more than the one that won last night's gold medal!

It's not like the old Sviet women's basketball team where they were able to do a chromosone test and see that all the "women" had a y chromosone.

Never said I believed the girls were of age. They obviously are not. The rules are only as good as those who enforce them. How does the IOC prove that the Chinese government lied when issuing the passports?
Point taken. You're absolutely right; they can't.. And you know as well as I, had it been America doing this, there would be a Nuclear Holocaust. No one seems interested in picking a fight with China, only to look like a nation of whiners or sore losers (yeah, I'm one of them this time, but it's different when the other side is cheating) and I can't say I blame them really, but c'mon.....THIS IS SO BLATANTLY OBVIOUS!

Point taken. You're absolutely right; they can't.. And you know as well as I, had it been America doing this, there would be a Nuclear Holocaust. No one seems interested in picking a fight with China, only to look like a nation of whiners or sore losers (yeah, I'm one of them this time, but it's different when the other side is cheating) and I can't say I blame them really, but c'mon.....THIS IS SO BLATANTLY OBVIOUS!

We are violently agreeing. This couldn't possibly happen in USA Gymnastics. The girls who become elite are taped by other parents at open events from the time they are 4 or 5. If it was tried, NBC would have posession of a hundred tapes showing otherwise right after the tryouts. Maybe with plastic surgery and new identities equal to witness protection. But even there, people would be all over it because this girl would come out of nowhere.

We are violently agreeing. This couldn't possibly happen in USA Gymnastics. The girls who become elite are taped by other parents at open events from the time they are 4 or 5. If it was tried, NBC would have posession of a hundred tapes showing otherwise right after the tryouts. Maybe with plastic surgery and new identities equal to witness protection. But even there, people would be all over it because this girl would come out of nowhere.
True, that! Violently agreeing...Never heard that one before.:D

It's not like the old Sviet women's basketball team where they were able to do a chromosone test and see that all the "women" had a y chromosone.

That's funny. I was thinking about that last night. Those Russian and East German women were damn scary.

Interesting how the Ruskies have faded away from the Olympic picture (although I guess if you add in the medals of Russia and all of the former soviet republics, they are only a few behind the U.S.).

How does the IOC prove that the Chinese government lied when issuing the passports?
Investigate it independently. If the chinese government refuses to allow that then ban them from the Olympics. Eventually, maybe years from now he truth will come out and at that time the medals stripped.

speaking of cheating, How does a chinese girl land off the vault on a knee and two hands and win a medal? :rolleyes:

Totally bogus. That said, vault is a difficult event for a casual viewer to understand. Everything goes by so quickly. It is made worse by the fact that the commentators, not able to explain or show it, just keep focusing on the landing like a step is the only possible deduction.

The truth is that the judges watch everything from the time the girl starts her run. They watch for straight back and arm and hand positions on the approach, whether she does a good two foot springboard launch, where her hands position on the vault itself. The loft she gets, arm and legs being properly positioned during the tumbling manuver and then finally the landing with its hops and out of bounds, but also foot and hand position. Finally, the salute is also judged and a required element. I probably forgot half a dozen things.

So, a girl could hit a perfect landing and still score well below someone who takes a major step. Once again though, that particular score was totally bogus.

I really hope that the IOC does plan to look into this, but is (probably appropriately) waiting until after the games to do so. All heck would break loose if it got out that they were looking into it while everything is still going on.

In real sports that are age limited, such as Little League, they get scammed by bringing in older kids.

In real sports that are gender limited, such as track, they get scammed by bringing in shemales.

In gymnastics, which is NOT A SPORT they bring in little children, because an actual grown up is unable to turn flips in her underwear as gracefully. The world's every four year fascination with adults judging how well little girls tumble is strange and disturbing.

What time is the baseball?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)