Female HDMI to Male DVI Adapter

device manager said:
If you have a hdmi to dvi cable then the adapter that rixhd linked to is what you're looking for.

He meant to say "If you have a dvi to dvi cable then the adaptor that rixhd linked to is what you're looking for."

Since you have the dvi to dvi cable the adaptor I specified is fine. Your specs however were incorrect/backwards.

Some people just prefer replacing the whole cable and eliminating the extra connections. Also some have said that since the hdmi adaptor has no screws to anchor it to the box it can be pulled loose by movement etc. The adaptor also adds extra bulk to the back of the box which may be a problem with some cabinets.

I found the adaptor to be quite compact and the hdmi connection was solid. I bought the adaptor because I spent a bunch of bucks on my dvi/dvi cable, it works fine and didn't want to discard it.

It's really your choice.

rabbitt83 said:
what hmdi to dvi do i need to conect my tv to the 211
dish is comeing monday help me im lost

Hopefully your last question was because you didn't see my last reply given the timing of them. You can buy the cable specified by device manager in post #9 below or the adaptor I specified. The cable in post #4 is HDMI to HDMI and won't work with your TV.

However, given the short time before install I doubt that you could get them shipped to you by Monday. Do you have a spare component cable you could use temporarily. Some installers carry component cables with them. I've also seen that others have called dish and they have shipped them an adaptor very quickly. Personnally, at this point, I think I would wait to see what the installer brings. Can you contact the installer to see what he plans to do?

Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck on your install. Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
The installer might have one, or else use the component cables temporarily like rixhd suggested - I believe you will get those with the 211. The adapter will probably work OK, but you're probably better off finding an inexpensive HDMI/DVI cable like device manager said. Don't make the mistake I made and fork-over $100 to one of the big-box stores for one of their over-priced versions...!

(PS - Look at what comes with your new receiver and don't let the installer "pocket" any of the accessories unless he trades you for something...!)

well he came used component cables then hooked me up to the hd silver on 51.5, he was local not a dish installer, he told me i did not need to get the 211 that u get more hd with out it, and then he left, i went to watch something on channel342 the western channel and it was not on, so i called dish back found out he only conected 61.5 not 110 119 so they had him come back out and he spent a couple hours trying to get 110 and 119 for me then said well u dont need americas 120 u got the hd chamnnels, finly he locked in 110 and119 after 5 phone calls to dish for help, then left, told me if i have trouble dont call dish call him and he game me his phone number

rabbitt83 said:
... he told me i did not need to get the 211 that u get more hd with out it, ...

I wonder what he meant by that. Well, anyway your new box is hooked up and you can take your time deciding if and how you want to hook up to HDMI. For less than 50cents more for the HDMI/DVI cable vice the adaptor, I would probably have chosen the cable too except that my old DVI/DVI cable was very expensive, top quality and I hated to discard it.

My adaptor seems to be working great with my 622 and old cable though. I must admit that the DVI cable connector hooked to the adaptor take up quite a bit of space in the back of my cabinet, especially since I also have a plug strip sitting just behind my 622.

well i just got the hdmi-dvi adopter in the mail today
the hd is great and the adopter works well with my dvi great picture and better then conponent cables

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)