Few questions for the voomers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

clanger

Original poster
May 14, 2004
I'm new to this forum and think it is great. I currently have Directv and Cablevision IO. I have been thinking about getting Voom but have some questions.
1. How is the HD picture quality compared to Directv and Cablevsion? Cablevision has a better picture than Directv but can anyone compare Voom to either one?
2. How is the ota with voom? I Currently have a CM4228 in the attic with CM7777 pre-amp. Can't get NBC or WPIX. Can get CBS, FOX, ABC
3. Will Voom provide new antenna and pre-amp. Are there height restrictions for the installers? My roof is over 30'
4. Is voom going to get HDnet? This is a great channel. I can live without HDnet Moives. I think I have maybe watched 3 movies on HDnet movies since it came to Directv.
I will keep Directv because of the two tivo's I have but will get rid of the HD package. I would like to replace Cablevision with Voom. Any insight would be helpful

clanger said:
I'm new to this forum and think it is great. I currently have Directv and Cablevision IO. I have been thinking about getting Voom but have some questions.
1. How is the HD picture quality compared to Directv and Cablevsion? Cablevision has a better picture than Directv but can anyone compare Voom to either one?
2. How is the ota with voom? I Currently have a CM4228 in the attic with CM7777 pre-amp. Can't get NBC or WPIX. Can get CBS, FOX, ABC
3. Will Voom provide new antenna and pre-amp. Are there height restrictions for the installers? My roof is over 30'
4. Is voom going to get HDnet? This is a great channel. I can live without HDnet Moives. I think I have maybe watched 3 movies on HDnet movies since it came to Directv.
I will keep Directv because of the two tivo's I have but will get rid of the HD package. I would like to replace Cablevision with Voom. Any insight would be helpful

I don't have D* or Cablevision. I can't comment about that. It looks like you are in the metro area of NYC. With VOOM you get the Stealth Antenna. Since you are running from attic, I do not know whether you are looking to put it on the roof. Is your building/house two story high. I think over 40' there is a charge since it needs a bigger ladder. As you know, NBC and WPIX are transmitting at low power. Even if you put the antenna on the roof, there's no guarantee that you will get them because of the low power at which they are transmitting currently.

HDnet... Haven't heard anything positive about this. Voom may not get this anytime soon.

Edit: forgot to welcome you to the forum; welcome :)

Can't speak for the NYC area because I'm on the West Coast but can address a few of your questions & concerns.

#1: PQ - On my set the HD is equal to what I have on DTV & OTA.
I have actually put up my PIP with Voom on one side and DTV on the other.
No difference on Discovery which is the channel I tested.

#2: OTA is OTA. The same. Voom integrates the signal and you see the channel
displayed on the program guide just like DTV.

#3: Don't know. N/A

#4:HDNET? Probably not in the near future. But you will see concerts, travel programs, and other similar programs on other channels.

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)