Here's the Real EchoStar deal for Voomers...

johnalan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 27, 2004
I just got off the phone with an intelligent Dish csr. Here's what they are offering: :)

1.Most of the Voom originals plus there 5 or so HD channels, Discover-HD, EPSN-HD, TNT-HD, etc. PLUS their Top 180 all for $46.97 a month for the first THREE months. :) :)

2.For months 4 thru 6 everything is the same except the Top 180 becomes the Top 60 + the HD's for the same $46.97 / month. Of course they are hoping you will want to stick with the Top 180 at that point. Cost to keep the Top 180 and HD programming after the 3rd month is $67.97 per month. ;)

3.For months 7 -12, everything is the same as months 4 thru 6 except the price goes up $5 / month to $51.97 for the Top 60 plus the HD's (included). :rolleyes:

The STBs are leased to you. No charge for the HD receivers. There IS a $250 up front lease cost on the HD-DVR. If anything should fail on the receivers or HD-DVR, they will be replaced FREE of charge. Note: If you do not keep the DVR connected to a phone line, they will charge you an additional $5 / month. :cool:

This is a ONE YEAR COMMITMENT. If you cancel early, you will pay a $240 early service temination fee, prorated at $20 a month.

You will have to install a new dish and receivers, as the VoOM equipment is NOT compatible with the Dish equipment.

Orders can not be placed until after midnight tonight, May 1st.

SWEEEET. I'm am so there!!! :D :D :D :D

I guess I'll have to call and have them switch me over to this plan after midnight. I already signed up and didn't get the Voomer discount. Since I'm not scheduled to be installed until the 10th, it shouldn't be a problem. If it is, I'll have them cancel, and then call back and re-sub under the Voomer plan.

Sounds like the May-1 offer that I was quoted yesterday is going to be similar, except that it's only $24.99/month for the first 3 months:

$24.99 for 180 SD + 16 HD channels for the first 3 months
going to $67.98 after that...

What happens with the HD DVR after the switch over to MPEG4? Do they upgrade it for free or do you have to pay another lease fee for a newer DVR?

I have just got off the phone too, I am an existing E* customer with everything package plus the HD package and it will cost me an extra $5 to get the 10 Voom channels, I have to call back though because the offer is not available yet. I guess I will call tomorrow first thing in the morning. BTW I already have the 61.5 dish installed, which is one of the terms indicated to me by the CSR.

Will Voom10 be on the E* sat at 61.5 or will they stay on R1 for now? I have to play with my 64 switch and like to know what cables to plug in come tomorrow.

MarcelV said:
Will Voom10 be on the E* sat at 61.5 or will they stay on R1 for now? I have to play with my 64 switch and like to know what cables to plug in come tomorrow.
MarcelV look at my post, it will be on the 61.5.

bobaphx said:
What happens with the HD DVR after the switch over to MPEG4? Do they upgrade it for free or do you have to pay another lease fee for a newer DVR?
That's what I would like to know!
I hope with the lease option they would upgrade for free, but I am not positive.

johnalan said:
I just got off the phone with an intelligent Dish csr. Here's what they are offering: :)

1.Most of the Voom originals plus there 5 or so HD channels, Discover-HD, EPSN-HD, TNT-HD, etc. PLUS their Top 180 all for $46.97 a month for the first THREE months. :) :)

2.For months 4 thru 6 everything is the same except the Top 180 becomes the Top 60 + the HD's for the same $46.97 / month. Of course they are hoping you will want to stick with the Top 180 at that point. Cost to keep the Top 180 and HD programming after the 3rd month is $67.97 per month. ;)

3.For months 7 -12, everything is the same as months 4 thru 6 except the price goes up $5 / month to $51.97 for the Top 60 plus the HD's (included). :rolleyes:

The STBs are leased to you. No charge for the HD receivers. There IS a $250 up front lease cost on the HD-DVR. If anything should fail on the receivers or HD-DVR, they will be replaced FREE of charge. Note: If you do not keep the DVR connected to a phone line, they will charge you an additional $5 / month. :cool:

This is a ONE YEAR COMMITMENT. If you cancel early, you will pay a $240 early service temination fee, prorated at $20 a month.

You will have to install a new dish and receivers, as the VoOM equipment is NOT compatible with the Dish equipment.

Orders can not be placed until after midnight tonight, May 1st.

SWEEEET. I'm am so there!!! :D :D :D :D

From looking at the Dish web site it seems like this is only a good deal for the first three months -- after that it looks like regular pricing.

Top 180 with locals = $53
HD Pack = $10
Voom add on (assumed) = $5

That comes out to $68 = no special rate after the first 3 months.

My E*/V* Promo Offer Questions...

1. I currently have a single VOOM dish pointed at 61.5 and three HDTV. Under the E*/V* offer, what would my monthly programming charge be for the America's Everything Pack, HD Pack and VOOM HD? (Months 1-3, 4-6, 6+) Also, assume that I have one 942 and two 811s.

2. Would there be a cost savings by ordering just the Top 180 and HBO, SHO (in other words, would I get nailed wth other fees that I wouldn't have to pay with the Everything Pack)?

3. Other than the $250 DVR upgrade fees and the $49 refundable installation free, will there be any additional fees for extra dishes, superdishes, deluxo switches, etc?

4. I have 2-5 coax ran to each room, however I only have two coax ran from the VOOM dish to the multiplexer. Will the installer need to run more coax? I assume this depends on how many dishes need to be installed.

5. Understanding that we are VOOM customers, and that I have three HDTV, will E* let me lease a 942 HD DVR ($250 upgrade fee) and two 811 (no charge)? A while back an E* CSR told me that the 942 will support two HDTV, which is totally untrue (it will downconvert to the 2nd TV).

I've got one of the trickiest install/hookups/lease options there is. First I own a 301, a dish 500 (currently not installed) and a voom dish. I don't want to pay the $50 to have someone come out and install it cause I'll be signed to a 1yr agreement. All I want is the voom channels. Anybody know if it's possible for me to just lease an 811 and sign up for the voom channels only if possible. That's all I want. I'll have my dish installed at the end of may/early june by a local installer so I'm not committed. But I've grow so used to watching mostly just voom that's really all I care about.

Just got off the phone also, I had a scheduled install date of Mon. but now it will have to be Wed. with them picking up the Voom channels here is what I got:
1 - 811
1 - 512 DVR (dual tuner)
1 - 311
Top 180 + Receiver rentals + HD Pak (including Vooms HD) for 3 months = $ 60.13
After 3 months if I keep Top 180 it goes to $81.13. I do not need another dish because my locals transmit on 61.5, but if I can keep my Voom OAT I can pick them up in HD.
Does this sound like what alot of others are getting?

ARlo

Just got off the line with DISH. Their offer to me was $19.99 for three months as a VOOM customer for the first three months. This is different than the one I saw posted on their web site. You get the 180 channels for $19.99 plus $4.98 for the STB and $5.00 for the HD package. Comes to about $29.97 plus tax.

Then after 3 months you have a choice of 3 tiers. $31.99 for 60 ch basic/$42.99 for 120 ch basic or $52.99 for 180 basic. Then add $4.98 for STB and $10 for Hd. Price then comes to $46.97 for 60, $57.97 for 120 or $67.97 for 180 depending on the tier you choose. Does not include HBO or SHOWTIME .All prices do not include Tax. Also take into account CSR misquotes and my math but you have the general idea. For as little as $46 plus tax you can continue to enjoy the VOOM channels plus Dish. I was told the offer DOES NOT BEGIN UNTIL SUNDAY, MAY 1. Happy Dish/Vooming everyone.

This actually seems like a rip-off after the honeymoon period. If you look at the packages on the Dish website you see that the Top 60 is their lowest package and only costs $27. Add $10 for HD and (assume) $5 for Voom add-ons and it should only cost $42. Did I miss something? Granted, the initial deal with 180 channels is sweet.

Also, be careful about the contract period. I haven't spoken to a CSR about this specific offer but I did ask a few days ago about other general offers. I was told that you have to be off Dish for 18 months to be considered new and therefore be offered short commitments. From 6 to 18 months you are "returning" and have to sign up for two years. That leaves 0 - 6 months to be considered still a current customer. I don't know what commitment they have to make.

Of course, that was just the CSR I got on that call. ;)

I know the Voom channels will be on 61.5. But how about the other HD channels like Discovery HD, ESPN HD? With my apt. balcony I can only see the 61.5 sat. Dish Commercial serves my apt. complex but they only offer SD. It would be good if I could sub to Dish Commercial SD and then get HD from 61.5 with my own dish and receiver. But I'd want the other HD channels in addition to Vooms. Anyone know if 61.5 will get me Discovery HD, ESPN HD, etc?

danielle_s said:
I've got one of the trickiest install/hookups/lease options there is. First I own a 301, a dish 500 (currently not installed) and a voom dish. I don't want to pay the $50 to have someone come out and install it cause I'll be signed to a 1yr agreement. All I want is the voom channels. Anybody know if it's possible for me to just lease an 811 and sign up for the voom channels only if possible. That's all I want. I'll have my dish installed at the end of may/early june by a local installer so I'm not committed. But I've grow so used to watching mostly just voom that's really all I care about.

With Dish if you own equipment, then you select packages you want. If AT60 is not included then there is extra $5 fee. So HD pack with Voom pack will be $19.99/month
If you lease equipment, then AT60 as a minimum should be included.

Minsk1 said:
With Dish if you own equipment, then you select packages you want. If AT60 is not included then there is extra $5 fee. So HD pack with Voom pack will be $19.99/month
If you lease equipment, then AT60 as a minimum should be included.
I sure hope that they don't make me sub to at60 just to lease an 811. Cause without my 500 installed there's no way I'll be able to watch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)