FF-->15X-60X-300X Hard To Control!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LQQK

Just The Basic Facts
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 29, 2004
Lincoln, Nebraska
Hopper3

I searched, found several older threads, I didn't find what I was looking for (I'm sure if I spent more time the answer is in their somewhere)

Anyone else having problems with FF, especially 300X? I can't seem to stop it where it shows on the Time Gauge. If I try to stop after it gets up to speed it goes way beyond where I stopped. If I try to stop maybe 30" before the end, it jumps to the screen choice of delete etc.

Is this an issue or just the way Dish DVR's work? My last DVR (DTV) was more accurate at the fastest speed, although not as fast as Dish.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hopper3

I searched, found several older threads, I didn't find what I was looking for (I'm sure if I spent more time the answer is in their somewhere)

Anyone else having problems with FF, especially 300X? I can't seem to stop it where it shows on the Time Gauge. If I try to stop after it gets up to speed it goes way beyond where I stopped. If I try to stop maybe 30" before the end, it jumps to the screen choice of delete etc.

Is this an issue or just the way Dish DVR's work? My last DVR (DTV) was more accurate at the fastest speed, although not as fast as Dish.
I never use 300x to try to get that close to the end, unless I want to skip all the way to the end. When I use 300x to get through a really long recording, when the time remaining indicator gets to about 1 hour left, I slow down to 60x to have more accurate control. If I want to get really close to the end of the recording, then when the time remaining indicator gets down to about 10 minutes left, I slow down again to 15x. This usually gets me to about where I want to start playing, although I agree with others who have posted about wanting the 4x speed back for this purpose.

Hopper3

My Hopper 3s have the same issue. I am not sure if it has ever been posted. I just live with it since I hardly use the 300x skip forward speed. I wish the skip forward had a skip to the end selection like my Charter DVRs use to have. It came in handy sometimes.

Reactions: LQQK and pattykay
I never use 300x to try to get that close to the end, unless I want to skip all the way to the end. When I use 300x to get through a really long recording, when the time remaining indicator gets to about 1 hour left, I slow down to 60x to have more accurate control. If I want to get really close to the end of the recording, then when the time remaining indicator gets down to about 10 minutes left, I slow down again to 15x. This usually gets me to about where I want to start playing, although I agree with others who have posted about wanting the 4x speed back for this purpose.

I record every F-1, NASCAR & Indy Car Race + Yankees Baseball games. All with the extra 90" (wish I could add an extra 3+ Hrs) I like to fast forward sometimes to a couple hrs in or back.

When I use the 300X I usually end up pissing myself off for doing so...Wish Dish could fix it so it works as intended.

I will start doing yer Trick/Tip...Thank-U!

I record every F-1, NASCAR & Indy Car Race + Yankees Baseball games. All with the extra 90" (wish I could add an extra 3+ Hrs) I like to fast forward sometimes to a couple hrs in or back.

When I use the 300X I usually end up pissing myself off for doing so...Wish Dish could fix it so it works as intended.

Honestly, I think the 300x is intended to work as a quick skip to the end of the recording. Then, you can rewind from there to get back to where you wanted. The slower speeds are intended for more accurate control to start playing at a specific point in the recording.

Honestly, I think the 300x is intended to work as a quick skip to the end of the recording. Then, you can rewind from there to get back to where you wanted. The slower speeds are intended for more accurate control to start playing at a specific point in the recording.

I don't agree. It's not a 200 car loaded Freight Train, it's an electronic device that should stop when you stop it and where ya stopped it. It does work as a Skip to the end only because Dish didn't add that feature.

I am going to use that trick too. I record every Nascar Cup, Xfinity, Truck, Indy, F-1, and NHRA races. Trick will come in handy.

Yes, that is why I said not as fast...BUT, it doesn't have anything to do with it...FF, no matter what speed, should stop when & where ya stop it.
The problem is, if it is going fast enough, it will be way beyond what is being displayed on screen by the time it processes the command to stop. I never trust the time remaining indicator to be accurate for this purpose.

The problem is, if it is going fast enough, it will be way beyond what is being displayed on screen by the time it processes the command to stop. I never trust the time remaining indicator to be accurate for this purpose.

I don't have a problem with my BD (Oppo) player. I know to stop just before where I wanna stop but the Dish goes way too far!

I only use the 300x to reach the end of a recording. What I really miss is the 4x speed. I used the 4x when watching baseball. You don’t miss anything and you can watch a game much quicker. When a player made a hit I would skip back and watch that play normal speed.
I don’t understand why Dish eliminated the 4x when they went to the new software interface. The 4x was convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I only use the 300x to reach the end of a recording. What I really miss is the 4x speed. I used the 4x when watching baseball. You don’t miss anything and you can watch a game much quicker. When a player made a hit I would skip back and watch that play normal speed.
I don’t understand why Dish eliminated the 4x when they went to the new software interface. The 4x was convenient.

Because obviously out of their millions of customers not that many used 4x.

Hopper3

Yes. Many times, FF 300 about halfway through, it skips right to the end. Very annoying

Reactions: LQQK

It got lost in the same drawer as the red recording light

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)