Fiber internet ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Partysox

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2016
N central Indiana
Can somebody tell me what type of internet this is. I had 15 MG DSL internet through my land line then the phone company[TDS] started offering 50 MG internet so I took it. Now my land line is not used they installed a whole new line for my internet[see photos] one line converts to two that go to the router[never seen this setup before], my goal is to stop renting this router and buying my own. Any help would be appreciated.... IMG_0199.JPG IMG_0198.JPG

The key is the two green connections. Read the labels on them and it will become crystal clear what you're working with.

The process is called "bonding" and allows two connections to be combined (matrixed) into a connection that is much faster than two separate phone lines.

As for the hardware, just do a web search for the model number of the gateway. It tends to be expensive so don't expect to cut a fat hog unless the telco is charging big rental fees.

Reactions: Partysox

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)