Fiber Optic Cable

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
I ordered the 921 and a friend said to use optic cable to hook it to my Denon AV Receiver, I noticed that the AV Receiver has 2 inputs and 1 out put, the 921 has 1 out, I looked at cable on-line and it comes in pairs, am I missing something to do the connection correctly?

the optical cable will go from the 921 to one of the inputs on the back of the denon. the two inputs simple means you can hook two optical cable into the denon and the output means you could send the sound to some type of recorder. you should not need to worry about the output. just plug the optical cord from the 921 into the input title tv/sat/cable. it might be different depending on the AV receiver.

look in the denon's instructions and see how you turn the digital sound on. i have a denon and they are pretty easy to work with.

The cable you want is a "toslink" cable. It can be found anywhere. This cable will allow your 921 to send Dolby Digtial 5.1 sound to your AV receiver. If you use the old red/white RCA cables, then you'd only get analog stereo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)