Fight Sioux Sports Network (UND Hockey) on FTA next season?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

paulm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
At the end of the last telecast of the year, Pat Sweeney mentioned that the contract was up for renewal and not a done deal... this worries me. Even for just this one season, my FTA setup was a good deal, but I sure don't want to miss out next year!

I'm wondering what the deal is... I hope it's just a possible change in production company, still using the ralph's uplink.

Honestly I wouldn't worry. They'll iron out the details this summer and they'll be back on the FSSN. It's too good of a deal that they got going. Kinda like Montana Grizzly football and the CBS stations in Montana. All Montana Grizzly games are televised on the statewide CBS network and have been on KU Band FTA for at least 3 years. They even publish the coordinates on their website a couple days before game time. DAZ will have it back :)

Who else would carry it? All the other TV stations are mainly in Fargo and with KVLY 11 (NBC) and KXJB 4 (CBS) in a "work together agreement" they would be the only other OTA option....and they already have a agreement with the Bison.

by the way the FSSN is a agreement with the Ralph & the Sioux.

That comment made me nervous too, but I tend to agree with Iceberg. If anything, UND would want to try and expand their programming given that they're trying to make a successful transition to Division I. It also doesn't hurt that (based on what they said on the air throughout the year) a bunch of former players have bought FTA setups just for this purpose.

This was my fourth hockey season after I moved out of state and the first with a FTA system. I can't even imagine how I lived without it!

Granted, it might not be called the "Fighting Sioux Sports Network" next year, but that's an altogether different matter ;)

FSSN is not a backhaul or a wildfeed, it's a true FTA broadcast. They're done for the 2007-2008 season now and the signal was/is only on the air when a game is going on, but here's where it was this past season:

Galaxy 26 Ku 12031 V 4880

For some reason they switched to 12014 for the last few games of the year. I never saw any announcement about it.

My comment from yesterday:

Another GREAT FSSN season comes to an end. I love this channel. I hope some high echelon genius doesn't come up with some brillant idea and tries to change something, like charging for it.

FSSN is not a backhaul or a wildfeed, it's a true FTA broadcast. They're done for the 2007-2008 season now and the signal was/is only on the air when a game is going on, but here's where it was this past season:
thats technically a backhaul then if it isn't 24/7 ;)

For some reason they switched to 12014 for the last few games of the year. I never saw any announcement about it.

yeah I dont know why they did either. I figured because of the back to back Sat/Sunday day series (against Bemidji & UMD) but then they kept it for the last two series

My comment from yesterday:

Another GREAT FSSN season comes to an end. I love this channel. I hope some high echelon genius doesn't come up with some brillant idea and tries to change something, like charging for it.

I hope not. You have to remember lots of cable companies in ND/SD/MN get this feed via satellite. Last year I asked on the Sioux board what they saw when there was no game and a few people that have smaller cable companies said they saw
"no signal" on the screen. So I'm hoping they don't do anything different. They got too good of a thing going :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)