Final Dish Bill After Switching To DirecTV

rmims404

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 25, 2007
I switched to DirecTV April 5, 2008 and cancelled Dish the same day. I have yet to receive a final bill from Dish. My 18 month contract would have been up in October of this year, so I should have had a penalty to pay. They sent me a box and I returned the HD receiver, remote and LNB about 10 days after I cancelled. Could I be lucky enough not to get a bill? Has anyone else out there cancelled and never got a final bill? Just wondered. Thanks.

I switched to DirecTV April 5, 2008 and cancelled Dish the same day. I have yet to receive a final bill from Dish. My 18 month contract would have been up in October of this year, so I should have had a penalty to pay. They sent me a box and I returned the HD receiver, remote and LNB about 10 days after I cancelled. Could I be lucky enough not to get a bill? Has anyone else out there cancelled and never got a final bill? Just wondered. Thanks.

Have you checked your credit card? They may have hit you with a charge there. I was lucky enough to have a credit coming and they just credited my card with no explanation. I got the final paper statement weeks after that. I don't think they are just going to let you go if you owe them.

Since I subscribed to Dish in November of 2002, the credit card I gave them has been destroyed because of a privacy issue. I guess I'll just wait to see if they send me a bill in a few weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)