FINALLY a DirecTV Customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sparty - I think the original post described is the rep was trying to combine two promos mistakenly.

The choice xtra for 44.99 for a year was the promo prior to the sunday ticket w/ premiew for 4 months.

I though something was foul when I read the first post, and realized it when I read your last post :(

Unfortunately the CSR screwed up and didn't understand. On a positive note - you did get the best promo of the year, and it sounds like some credits towards the HD DVR for your trouble.

When your work order is complete, call back and request some credits for the inconviences. They are honest, they can't change it when the work order is pending, or it cancels your install.

I had similiar issues last September, and when I called after my install, they looked at the notes of my previous call and simply asked what I though was fair. I said given the number of calls and misrepresentation I felt $100 was appropriate, and they simply agreed. It paid my first months bill and some of the second.

Pulled the trigger on a DVR and normal box. Will try and have the installer run 2 lines for the normal box and have D* order me an access card for the upgraded D* TiVo i've got at mom's I guess.

Will worry about HD later.

Wow, what did I miss :( The guy simply needs some help as a D* rep screwed up.

I think it was the moon cycle. They weren't too bad but were starting to tip. There were similar posts all over the board. Even my wife was jarring with me. Good thing its Friday the 13th today. What could go wrong?

Kinda annoyed with the install stuff... I placed this order yesterday evening and don't know when my install date is. I call in and I keep getting told 'wait 24 more hours', despite my calls being probably 12 hours apart.

CSRs saying a work order has to be built, and someone will call me for an appointment.

As a SD customer, can I get my SD locals with the 3-LNB dish or will I need an AT9 or Slimline?

Sd locals are available with the 3 lnb dish, assuming that your dma is available, that is.

Kinda annoyed with the install stuff... I placed this order yesterday evening and don't know when my install date is. I call in and I keep getting told 'wait 24 more hours', despite my calls being probably 12 hours apart.

CSRs saying a work order has to be built, and someone will call me for an appointment.

.... still waiting to be able to choose an install date. "A work order is still being built" says every other CSR, meanwhile 2 others filled out downtime forms and said I'd be called.

I got my install done yesterday (two R15's and a 3-LNB dish). The installer who was a fantastic guy and easy to work with accepted my request of installing a 3-LNB dish even though his work-order had him to install a round dish.

I'm planning my "move" for Indy locals later this month and I'm wondering what D*-specific tricks I should know to make the process easier.

I got my install done yesterday (two R15's and a 3-LNB dish). The installer who was a fantastic guy and easy to work with accepted my request of installing a 3-LNB dish even though his work-order had him to install a round dish.

I'm planning my "move" for Indy locals later this month and I'm wondering what D*-specific tricks I should know to make the process easier.

Simple. Call and talk to first level CSR and just mention you moved to a new service address but want to keep billing the same. All equipment is in place. Then just verify the locals show up when he flips the switch. The nicer the better and provide no extra information. Just make sure to pick an address not already in use by somebody else and one that confirms on Directv's website as receiving the locals.

Well, I called D* tonight but couldn't get the CSR to deal with me. $199 for the HR20 was the best he could do. I'll try again in a couple of days, I guess.

After nine years with E*, I am finally a D* customer. I called in several times trying to get a discount on an HR20 but just didn't have any luck. I finally settled for the following deal, pretty much the standard:

NFL ST 69.99 for 4 mths (Go Redskins!)
Free Premier for 4 mths
HD: 9.99/mth
H20 + Slimline - free
$10 credit per mth for 10 mths
$10 credit per mth for 5 mths (referral)
Portable DVD player - free

The CSR said that I would need a second dish, not sure what that's all about, anyway it's free.

Installation is set for 8/19. Can't wait! :cool:

After nine years with E*, I am finally a D* customer. I called in several times trying to get a discount on an HR20 but just didn't have any luck. I finally settled for the following deal, pretty much the standard:

NFL ST 69.99 for 4 mths (Go Redskins!)
Free Premier for 4 mths
HD: 9.99/mth
H20 + Slimline - free
$10 credit per mth for 10 mths
$10 credit per mth for 5 mths (referral)
Portable DVD player - free

The CSR said that I would need a second dish, not sure what that's all about, anyway it's free.

Installation is set for 8/19. Can't wait! :cool:

Depending upon your location, you may need the 72.5 for locals - or it could be the CSR has no clue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.