FINALLY a DirecTV Customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sparty10

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
First of all thank you to all those who have helped guide me through this process giving me tips and advice. I just wanted to update everyone on the agreement that I got set up with DirecTV.

From now until September I get the following:
Choice Xtra+HD Channels: 44.99

Starting September and lasting 4 Months I get the following:
NFL Sunday Ticket (Superfan), Premier Package, and HD Channels for 69.99

Once the 4 Months expire I return to the original deal of Choice Xtra+HD Channels for 44.99.

All this also includes free HD Receiver and 3 other Receivers (4 total TVs)
Free Installation. After a long drawn out process I am happy with the deal.

Will likely order tomorrow evening, intend to get a HDDVD and a DVR with as little up front cost as possible. Currently have the same from local cable and going to D* will likely cost me more per mo. but I want the NFL now that I am able to get it.

I am also a new D* sub. Just had it installed the last week of June. I also have E* with 3 622's. Dumped Comcast for D*.

Very happy with the installation, even though most of it was done for them. They just had to mount the AU9 and run cables to the switch I already had installed, with cables ran to receiver locations. I just ordered on line, 1 HR20, 1 R15, and 1 D12. Installer called the night before the installation, I let him know what was done already. He seemed happy about that. They were on time, very nice install.

However, I think the receivers could be better. The only one that works smoothly is the D12! I like the new menu's on the HR20-100. Wish the R15-100 was the same. The HR20 does not respond all that well to the RF remote, I had to switch it back to IR. Changing channels from a hd to a sd channel is very annoying. The screen flashes a couple of times, adjusting resolution. Much better than the SA8300HD, but after using the 622 for a while it leaves a lot to be desired.

HD picture quality on the national channels to me is better on E*, however YESHD and SNYHD are awesome! Can't ask for any better quality on those.

As for programming, I ordered the Plus HD DVR plan for $59.99 a month for 12 months. HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime free for 3 months. After the 3 months I am planning on switching to the Premier package for $99.99 a month. Depends on what happens with E* though. I am wondering if I should have even got D* now that it seems E* will only fall behind in HD for a very short amount of time. I guess we will see. I guess I don't have to worry about missing any HD channels... LOL

Since I'm already a new D* customer, is there any way to get a deal on another HR20? I would like to add 1 more. Even if I have to add a sports package to get a better deal, it seems like that might be the best route.

Out of curiosity did they take a card and have you pay for your install/equipment up front, or will it just be on your first bill?

They took my card # but they said there is ZERO installation or equipment fees and the card would not be charged.

They took a cc to pay for the equipment when I ordered. HR20 was $299 - $100 instant rebate, R15 was $99, no charge for the D12.

Total Startup Costs: $298.00
Tax: $23.88
Order Total: $321.88

Out of curiosity did they take a card and have you pay for your install/equipment up front, or will it just be on your first bill?

They have a new policy to only do it with cc payment. Seems they had to much confusion in billing when combining the two.

Welcome to DirecTV folks. Glad you made the leap. Dish Network is stealing the headlines this week but be prepared for exciting things in August and September.

Just remember, there are 2 points where you can negotiate the best deals with Directv. Becoming a new subscriber and after 3-5 years of service. So negotiate and grab as many receivers or programming as you can when signing up. My recommendation is go with the HR20 all the way. The R15 and H20 HD non-DVR receivers are fine but the HR20 is where its at. And it will continue to improve as the release software versions.

If you are getting an HR20 for $0 to $200, thats a good deal. Those things cost $800. Keep that in mind if getting another one on lease.

Well all I have to say is be ready cause they NEVER tell the truth. add atleast $15 to your bill for the other three receviers. And another $6 for the DVR fee. Oh did they tell you that the price qouted to you was with mail in redemption form?

I am sorry for the pesamism but I have heard this story so so many times. Yet to see an unhappy person after the billing cycle.
But I hope this doesnt happen to you..
Good Luck

It still wants me to pay the same amount ($300) online as it did with the previous offer, just a much better deal on the programming.

Prolly have to wait for next payday to order.

Well all I have to say is be ready cause they NEVER tell the truth. add atleast $15 to your bill for the other three receviers. And another $6 for the DVR fee. Oh did they tell you that the price qouted to you was with mail in redemption form?

I am sorry for the pesamism but I have heard this story so so many times. Yet to see an unhappy person after the billing cycle.
Good Luck

If he subscribed to the Plus HD DVR Plan, there should not be an extra $6 charge for the DVR fee. You may well have a point about the mirroring fee for the additional receivers beyond the first one.

Good Luck

You haven't been looking very hard. Just a ridiculous post. I for one and am certain many others have had things done exactly the way they are suppose to be. Never lied to, no problems. Are you a D* sub? Or just an E* guy talking about things in such a silly general way. The price is the price negotiated. Period. Everyone that doesn't know about additional receivers fees are not paying attention. Period.

If you are getting an HR20 for $0 to $200 said:
In the Wachovia Conference Call the D* CFO mentioned that they expect their costs for the HD DVR to drop from "north of $400" in the middle of this year to $300 by the end of this year.

In the Wachovia Conference Call the D* CFO mentioned that they expect their costs for the HD DVR to drop from "north of $400" in the middle of this year to $300 by the end of this year.

That will certainly help drive the cost to the customer. I always find it amazing how quickly electronic production costs drop.

Good Luck
Wow, you picked a great username as it seems you are full of...

You can count me as a VERY HAPPY D* customer - and that's after getting my bill. Mirroring fees do suck yes, but the DVR fee is per account - not per receiver - so you could have 10 DVRs on your account and you'd only have to pay 1 DVR fee.

Update

Just a quick update and a very big thanks goes out to DTVRep for having me call back in because ofcourse there was issues. Let me run down the nightmare that has been DirecTV.

End of June I call in and after talking to a customer service rep we decide the best package for me would be the sunday ticket promotion which comes out in July. Call back at the beginning of the week after the 4th

Tuesday I call and was told training on it tomorrow call back tomorrow night

Wednesday-It doesn’t start till Thursday but I’m pretty sure we can get it approved tonight lets set it up (35 minutes of setting it up) unfortunately the supervisor cannot sign off on it early so you need to call back Thursday.

Thursday- Reached a deal everything was good they were very appologetic and wanted to make things right. This is the deal that is mentioned in post #1. Per DTVRep I call back to make sure everything is as told to me prior. Called back and the computers were being updated call back in the morning

Thursday Noon: Call back and the billing department cant find previous nights order at all. She said we had to set up a new account (#3 by this point) and then she would transfer me to sales to get the prices squared away. When sales supervisor looked the account just set up at Billing was not there. Says we need to set up ANOTHER account so by this point I'm setting up my 4th account. Says the prices I was given were misquoted and laid out the offer he could give me. He said that there is no reason I should have went through what I did and gave me a number once we set up an account and got prices squared away to call a customer service supervisor. He said she could make things right with additional offers etc. We finalize everything and at this point i'm pretty pissed off because the deal isnt nearly as good as originally thought but i just want to end this nightmare.

Call to Customer Service Supervisor: We cannot do anything farther for you since you already have a work order pending. Now at this point i'm furious because the Sales Supervisor said that they needed to have a set package in place for the customer service people to work with so they could throw in additional compensation such as an HD-DVR or what not. Customer service supervisor says there is nothing she can do.

Total of 4 Accounts set up what a freakin nightmare. I was originally going to set up 2 new customers but after this there is no way I recommend my parents to them. I'm still debating whether or not to call them back and scrap the whole thing all together.

Here is my "deal"....
Sunday Ticket+Superfan+HD Channels+Total of 4 TVs+Premier Package=84.95 for first four months.

Then call to downgrade to Choice Extra or whatever service I want and for 6 more months I will have $10 taken off my bill. Basically free HD service.

I got a free HD Receiver and free installation with zero start up costs.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Wow, you picked a great username as it seems you are full of...

You can count me as a VERY HAPPY D* customer - and that's after getting my bill. Mirroring fees do suck yes, but the DVR fee is per account - not per receiver - so you could have 10 DVRs on your account and you'd only have to pay 1 DVR fee.

Actually i have been selling and installing both services for six years. And have seen deception from both sides. But mostly from DTV reps on pricing.

You haven't been looking very hard. Just a ridiculous post. I for one and am certain many others have had things done exactly the way they are suppose to be. Never lied to, no problems. Are you a D* sub? Or just an E* guy talking about things in such a silly general way. The price is the price negotiated. Period. Everyone that doesn't know about additional receivers fees are not paying attention. Period.

Looking at your sig you are the DTV man that are talking in a silly general way. If you have been with DTV so long then you do not know what you are missing, with dish. I admit they both have problems but if a company changes hands three times in three years, you see issues like he had with four different accounts and nobody knowing what the other is doing. No consistency. Other than changes all the time.
Good Day

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)