Finally allowed to purchase a new tv :-) - Opinions?

duckydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Finally purchased a new TV

Well I went to the store to look at a few tvs, including the one I originally posted about. After seeing the DLP next to a few LCDs I decided to spend more and get the LCD. I ended up with the Toshiba Regza 46RV530.

Compared to the Sony KDF model I had it is a vast improvement. It is smaller (I went from 55" to 46") but it fits nicer in my house and the picture is like night and day when watching Blu-Ray.

Last edited:
Quick question and I did some searching online as well... is there any way to fix the interference from the LCD with my remotes. It isn't affecting the surround receiver or xbox but the Dish VIP622 will only work with the UHF remote which is very frustrating. (Although at the sake of sanity I did already order a second UHF for tv 2) This is a problem I never even heard about until searching today when I couldn't change the channel.

Another problem I am having... I posted this on HDD.com but never got an answer.

I am having a problem where I can see vertical bars on the tv when the screen is in a solid color (i.e. solid black or when the screen is solid blue for the BD30 startup screen). The bars are more or less almost invisible but are annoying as they are slightly off shades of the color on the screen (a darker blue than what is displayed or a lighter black than is displayed) I noticed it a lot during V for Vendetta last night. I do not get this over satellite or OTA. Is this a cable issue or a setting that needs to be changed? The wiring is run from the BD30 - > Onkyo 605 - > TV via monoprice HDMI cables. Any help is appreciated.

I do not see this problem OTA, via Dish, or via the xbox 360. I tried changing the wiring and even updated the firmware. Also the problem is not visable on the black bars for widescreen only where the image should be (and especially on the BD30 startup screen)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)