Finally Caught Chicago On Rave

theph0xx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 2, 2004
I just had to comment on this concert. It looks great. It sounds great. By far this has been my favorite concert that I've caught on Rave. This coming from a 23 year old! :p This is really the epitomy of what I was looking forward to on Voom's RaveHD. Hopefully more great things to come with Fleetwood Mac and Montreux! :)

theph0xx. By far this has been my favorite concert that I've caught on Rave. :)[/QUOTE said:
My vote still goes to Allison Krauss and Union Station. I thought the actual sound for Chicago was pretty good, but I guess I just wasn't all that impressed with their performance. And I could do without them plugging their new album and DVD - what is this, a talk show?

I went to a Chicago concert back in '69' when they were still called the Chicago Transit Authority and due to an airplane malfunction they couldn't make it. The band that was substituted was Iron Butterfly with Taj Mahal as backup. It was still a great concert, except during Inagoddadavida, the main guitar players amp went out during the awesome guitar solo.

I sure would have liked to have seen that concert, their first album was the best, IMHO, especially, I'm A Man. Good stuff.

BTW, the real Chicago Transit Authority made them change their name so they cut it down to just Chicago.

bbqman said:
I enjoyed their concert on Voom also. It reminded me of my good ol' 8-track days.
8 track? Damn, you're modern, I had a record player in my first car; a 56 Ford. :D . Not new, mind you, a hand-me-down from my Dad, this was in 67. I finally upgraded to an 8 track about a year later.

I also enjoyed the Rave concert but I didn't care for the new guy they had doing much of the lead singing, his voice just isn't right. Didn't their lead guy, Terry something die back in the 70's?

Yes, but there was another main member, I think it was Terry Kath who died. He was one of the main writers and artists for the group.

I found a link to his bio, looks like he died in 78.

Some of these Rave concerts are really pretty good. I liked the Chicago concert, but it was a little strange to see the original members mixed in with the new guys.

When I was a kid (about 800 years ago), we used to get free concerts in the park from new bands in the area. Among the performers--The Righteous Brothers, Big Brother and the Holding Company (with Janis Joplin), Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane. In later years--Tower of Power.

And in High School, two of the students were Stephanie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham. Went away to college, and the first concert at Colorado State University in 1969 was the Rolling Stones.

And since DarrellP brought up first cars, mine was a Buick Special. It was a 1951 that I bought from Dad in 1967 for $100. It had an AM radio that got about three stations.

The Stone Man said:
And since DarrellP brought up first cars, mine was a Buick Special. It was a 1951 that I bought from Dad in 1967 for $100. It had an AM radio that got about three stations.

This forum is great for the wide variety of backgrounds, interests, opinions, and definitely ages >=]

So now I share my first car: 1993 Honda Accord LOLOL

perhaps a little bit of disparity in age between us?

I started watching this and is it just me or did anyone else notice that the horns sounded off key a bunch of times? :eek:

They should really show Heart: Alive In Seattle. HDnet had it a while ago I think and it was outstanding.

Stoneman, we better go mum, people may start guessing our age. ;-)

Heart Alive in Seattle was awesome, after seeing that on HDNET I ran out and bought the DVD and was disappointed. The DVD was a transfer from the HD shooting but the video and audio were both not as punchy as the HDNET presentation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)