Finally getting a H3!

littlecloud319

Tech guru
Original poster
May 22, 2017
Black Creek WI
After going through all the problems I had with my H2K on my HWS after the last couple updates they’re finally willing to give me a free H3 upgrade. I’m hoping the techs here have J3’s on there vans. But otherwise a J2 will be okay. No more SJ anymore. I believe I saw in a thread on here they’re trying to get rid of the SJ now anyway.

Is there anything that would be good to know for the install or anything different than the HWS? I know my lab will be swapped and the node will become a hub. And of course no more recording light. :biggrin

We carry them. There's still a lot of 4 and 5 room Hopper/Sling installs. But I think I can speak for most techs that we'll be glad when they are gone

When I had mine installed the tech didn’t know you can swap to a Hybrid lnb and use a duo hub instead of having to run a third line and add an integrator. He ended up having to bury about 50ft of cable next to the other two. Now I’ll be getting a hybrid lnb anyway.

When I had mine installed the tech didn’t know you can swap to a Hybrid lnb and use a duo hub instead of having to run a third line and add an integrator. He ended up having to bury about 50ft of cable next to the other two. Now I’ll be getting a hybrid lnb anyway.
Sounds like his company doesn't train their techs very well, or keep them informed on how things work

Just finished getting H3 and Joey 3! Installed. Install lasted about 45 minutes but only because of the software download. Of course as always the tech was surprised how much I know. Helped him swap out the equipment and get everything setup. Everything is working really good and much faster than expected. We had a good time chatting while waiting for the download. He’s very knowledgeable; much better than the other techs from his company I’ve dealt with. They surprisingly have J3’s in stock. He said they just started getting in more than enough to have more than 1 per van. The Joey 3 is lighting compared to the J2 I used to have.

Just finished getting H3 and Joey 3! Installed. Install lasted about 45 minutes but only because of the software download. Of course as always the tech was surprised how much I know. Helped him swap out the equipment and get everything setup. Everything is working really good and much faster than expected. We had a good time chatting while waiting for the download. He’s very knowledgeable; much better than the other techs from his company I’ve dealt with. They surprisingly have J3’s in stock. He said they just started getting in more than enough to have more than 1 per van. The Joey 3 is lighting compared to the J2 I used to have.

Did you have a Hopper 3 before? Reason I ask, is I believe the Joey 2/3 is only compatible with the Hopper 3, I am not positive on this. I am thinking maybe if you just got the H3 you probably had a Joey 1.0.

Did you have a Hopper 3 before? Reason I ask, is I believe the Joey 2/3 is only compatible with the Hopper 3, I am not positive on this. I am thinking maybe if you just got the H3 you probably had a Joey 1.0.

The Joey 3 is compatible with all hoppers but not installed by default yet. Will probably end up being default for H3 soon due to speed. Just upgraded to both.

Reactions: pattykay and HipKat
Ok, thanks, I thought I read somewhere 2 and 3 were Hopper 3 only.
When they first came out, Dish said Joey 2's wouldn't work with the Hopper 1, but rescinded that pretty quickly. I stopped using Joey 1's about a year ago. The Joey 2 is much faster on a Hopper 1. The CUI crippled the Hopper 1, as we all know, but it killed Joey 1's on that receiver. Especially on a reboot. Forget about it. You can go out to eat and hopefully, it would be up and running by the time you get back...

When they first came out, Dish said Joey 2's wouldn't work with the Hopper 1, but rescinded that pretty quickly. I stopped using Joey 1's about a year ago. The Joey 2 is much faster on a Hopper 1. The CUI crippled the Hopper 1, as we all know, but it killed Joey 1's on that receiver. Especially on a reboot. Forget about it. You can go out to eat and hopefully, it would be up and running by the time you get back...

I sure would hate for you to deal with Hopper 1s since I heard a lot of people had nothing but problems especially with CUI.

Reactions: littlecloud319

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts