Finally gonna move to pole mount vs roof mount...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
An exhaust place has 16ga exhaust pipe that he claims is exactly 2" OD. Only thing is, it's gonna rust over time. Wonder how would it be to paint?

This is so dumb that DirecTV didn't use a standard size. I may call them and demand a relocation of my dish. I've been with them for almost 10 years and think that's the least they could do to keep me happy. Just trying to be proactive for next winter is all.

You can get stainless steel exhaust pipe. It's not cheap, but it won't rust!

Couldn't get a hold of an installer but, did call local fence place. They have a 2" OD pole that is actually 1 7/8" OD. That's the best he said I'll find close to 2".

Will that work for me? Will the clamp tighten enough on the Slimline dish?
Did you read my previous post (post #17)? I've been using a sleeved 1.5" rigid conduit post (1.5" ID, 1.9" OD) for 5 years now with an AT9 5 lnb with no problems and no rust.

Just call and have a tech come put 1 in for you, if you go with the sleeved way once a tech does come out for any reason they're going to rip it out and redo it any how. Sleeved poles are a big no no now and will get a tech a failed QC if he leaves it

If I have them install it for me I have to pay $50 for he relocate then another $75 for a special install they said. I have a couple prospects and will know more tomorrow.

I give up. You people are determined to spend a lot of money. All I'm trying to do is save the OP a few bucks. A tech is not going to rip out my pole and redo it just to get more money out of me. Based on the installs that I have seen QC is not one of their concerns. Good luck on your quest NutFlush.:)

I give up. You people are determined to spend a lot of money. All I'm trying to do is save the OP a few bucks. A tech is not going to rip out my pole and redo it just to get more money out of me. Based on the installs that I have seen QC is not one of their concerns. Good luck on your quest NutFlush.:)

You missed his point.

No they won't come out and rip your pole mount out, but the will remove the sleeve and mount the dish correctly.

JustanOldfart said:

It's not spending the money it's being able to be done correctly. If we go to a home and it's a sleeved pole or some crazy mount and the customer refuses to let us do it correctly then you're hit. We have the option to walk away and you're left with whatever issue you had to begin with. With the way things are now quality is a huge deal to Directv and they watch it closely where as before it was "throw it in and get to the next one!" they don't allow that anymore.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)