Finally got an analog backhaul !!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mk279

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 30, 2005
Thanks to Iceberg and others....... after a few posts questioning the analog receiver slaving, I finally got it thanks to a new diseqc switch I put on today. I had mentioned last night about a drastic quality signal difference between my 2 receivers. One was a straight cable run to my Invacom QPH-031 and the other thru a diseqc switch and the motor. PSB stated that there shouldn't be that much difference and to check my cables etc and I did find that the switch was the problem. (brand new btw) Now with getting the proper signal strenghth and my dish tuned in nicely from H to H, I figured it was time to hunt for analog backhauls and I found a bunch. My question now is how to set up the channels and the KU frequencies so that they are stored and all I will have to do is channel up and down. Iceberg said to use SBS6 and Galaxcy 7 as the the 2 satellites to setup and the enter the frequencies according to Lyngsat and your good to go. He says they go in 20 k steps. My question is where do you start. If I start to program and save the settings for Galaxy 7, then channel 1 is ???? and then channel 2 is 20 higher etc..... but what is the starting point. Thats to all that respond ......... MK

Channel 1 is 24 on my Uniden's for analog. Vikings are Tr 24, but one on the receiver.
Browns are on Tr 3, but on Tr 22 on the receiver. Ravens are on Tr 15, but on Tr 10 on the receiver.
One the receiver ch 24 = 1/11720 MHz, 23 = 2/11740 NHz, 22 = 3/11760 MHz, 21 = 4, 20 = 5, 19 = 6 and so on down the line.

MikeI said:
Channel 1 is 24 on my Uniden's for analog. Vikings are Tr 24, but one on the receiver.
Browns are on Tr 3, but on Tr 22 on the receiver. Ravens are on Tr 15, but on Tr 10 on the receiver.
One the receiver ch 24 = 1/11720 MHz, 23 = 2/11740 NHz, 22 = 3/11760 MHz, 21 = 4, 20 = 5, 19 = 6 and so on down the line.

OK .............. I am using a Toshiba TRX1420 and I am watching the Viking game on G10. It is on transponder 24, so I programmed ch. 24 at 12180 MHz. So that means that ch. 23 should be 12160 and so on down to ch.1. Am I on the right track ???? I left my Fortec on a horizontal channel on G10 and then shut the power off on the Fortec. So right now I am OK as long as someone gives me the backhaul feed, but I want to be able to scan and find this stuff on my own so I can chip in, if I find something. I'm still a little shaky on how to sort the hor/vert transponders. I do know that you can only scan whichever polarity the main fta receiver was left on. I'm getting closer to getting it .........................LOL ;) ;)

OK .............. I am using a Toshiba TRX1420 and I am watching the Viking game on G10. It is on transponder 24, so I programmed ch. 24 at 12180 MHz. So that means that ch. 23 should be 12160 and so on down to ch.1. Am I on the right track ????

That sounds right. That's the way it is for me. IA 6, AMC 5 and SBS 6 are diffeent and don't line up this nicely.

That sounds right. That's the way it is for me. IA 6, AMC 5 and SBS 6 are different and don't line up this nicely.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mike ...................I know Iceberg had said that you setup SBS 6 on its own and use Galaxy 7 for the rest, but I didn't know about AMC 5 and T6. Is that where you would have to tweek the MHz in that 20 range between transponders ???? I noticed that the increments bump up or down by .125 at a time. So I'm guessing that you would get a fuzzy picture and then bump it up by .125 until it is clear or is there more to it than that ??????

mk279 said:
Thanks Mike ...................I know Iceberg had said that you setup SBS 6 on its own and use Galaxy 7 for the rest, but I didn't know about AMC 5 and T6. Is that where you would have to tweek the MHz in that 20 range between transponders ???? I noticed that the increments bump up or down by .125 at a time. So I'm guessing that you would get a fuzzy picture and then bump it up by .125 until it is clear or is there more to it than that ??????

SBS6 is its own...since I am slaving I use Galaxy 7 for most of the rest

I didnt know T6 had any analog on KU (learn something new)

but yes you go in 20k steps
18 is 12080
19 is 12100
20 is 12120
etc
etc

SBS is different

Thanks Iceberg .......... I checked my SBS 6 and all the values were entered in correctly and I then entered in all the values for Galaxy 7 and now I am set there also. I went to AMC 9 to check out that test card but unfortunately there is nothing to scan and save for use in changing from H to V polarity. I did see the test card in tr.19, but it was fuzzy because my receiver must be in the V position. BTW, I'm using a Fortec LTU and slaving a TRX1420. I was thrilled last night to be watching some analog NFL games. Now I get it ............

AMC 5 analog Tr's are 12, 13 & 14 - 12079, 12096 & 12109 MHz for me when on center polarity.

IA 6 has mostly ABC newsfeeds on Tr 11 @ 11929 MHz, Tr 13 @ 11960 MHz Vertical and Tr 14 @ 11966 MHz Horizontal. Sometimes a sports feed can be found on Tr 13 or Tr 14.

G3 has an occasional (getting further apart) analog feed on Tr 12 @ 11930 MHz Horizontal

What about AMC 9 ???? How do you change the polarity when there is no digital transponders scanned and saved ??

Direcway has 24/7 channels you can scan on AMC 9. Nothing will download. 12160 MHz Horizontal and 12140 MHz Vertical. SR 30000. Whenever I go outside and move the dish to AMC 5, I put it back on AMC 9 using these tr's. Vertical one is stronger for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)